Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Attachment: the root of all...

Suffering!

This is probably one of the most salient messages I get from Buddhist philosophy...

I've finally managed to completely let go of my quarter life/mid-life crisis and related guilt I'd been subconsciously holding in and...I've never felt so unfettered in my life! Thus, Being Happy seems a cinch!

I think when one can rid themselves of attachments it is so easy to feel Inner Peace. It is especially easy to get into this state after a practice of qigong and I must say it helps with my empath problem so I'm more resilient to taking on and absorbing other people's emotions.

I really don't know why more people don't take up this amazing tool for self healing and health maintenance. I really believe if more people did this, they wouldn't be so completely burdened by so many problems which I think modern life tremendously amplifies.

Qigong helps you to detach, be completely in the present, feel nothingness...

And when one is detached from ideas, persons, material things, ego...well nothing can really trouble them!

Since I've been such a depressed/people with problems MAGNET of late I think I'm reasonably qualified to observe that:

Unhappy people tend to feel a void in their lives and look OUTSIDE themselves to try and satiate the "Hole" - typically binge drinking or eating, needing a partner, escapism...well, the truth is you can never be content this way cos-like the age old cliche- Happiness comes from WITHIN!

And I can honestly say, from learning all these things first hand(the hard way), the only person you can rely on is yourself! So start Soul Searching and Helping Yourself! I'll allow myself this seemingly flippant insensitivity and also: "My ears need a vacation!!"

Now all the numerous trials and tribulations I have undergone which has been ALOT relative to my age...wow the mysterious destined nature of it all which I had always pondered is all becoming very clear now...

it is exactly what experience I needed to have under my belt in order to fulfil my life purpose of helping others to heal...sometimes I look back and wish, damn why can't I have just learnt it all by reading self-help books? LOL But it's not the same, without the first hand experience you don't have that vital compassion and understanding...

Here is a card I happened to randomly pick up which I really like. Note the Ducks- they're like my animal totem or something :)


7 comments:

koala brains said...

I've had probs w/ depression for years and finally at age 30 I was ready to do everything possible to get better. I was tired of feeling like crap. You are absolutely right that it comes from within. As soon as I realized this, life has changed for me completely and I am a different person. I'm becoming the person I have always wanted to be.

markymark2099 said...

Yup, sounds like you found your life purpose which is to contribute to society...good stuff.

Nothing else treats depression/sadness better then giving yourself for others. That 'hole' inside you that you talk about...very profound knowledge, don't you think :)

Zz... said...

IIIIII don't have any holes- the way you interpret stuff you read is like you're half deaf! :P when I wrote that bit about people who lack understanding because they lack life experience...YOU WERE EXACTLY WHO I WAS THINKING OF!

but i'd rather have had a blessed life on easy street...you must have been good in your past life haha...

Zz... said...

K, I feel like duplicating your comment and sending it to all the depressed people I know! I don't have that predisposition so I can't relate- I just have compassion from having had a bumpy ride in life so far and from having so many depressed people confide in me...

markymark2099 said...

:) Ignorance is bliss!!

Zz... said...

yup can't agree with yet another cliche more!

Franko Gnedo said...

Cool stuff. Unfortunately so few are aware of this and we often forget it. Also I would add a detachment from worrying about the future. Try to make the future the best if can possibly be but accept that you have limted control over it and difficult times often lead to great things. But I suppose this is covered by living in the present. Buddism has such great concepts.