Saturday, July 26, 2008

I'm so Happy!

The Joy is like uncontained bubbles...hence emits itself as a random giggle every so often like a totally mad woman! HAHA.

The reason for such joy was so simple and predictable:

Waking up to Picture Perfect weather and a morning stroll along a Picture Perfect Australian Beach! And then a quick shop of Fabulous Fresh Produce at a really great food store :)

I'll try to be brief cos I'm just home for a quick shower and lunch then have to make roads to my first medical qigong class with a Master! Excited :)

The other can't contain exciting news: I scored a FREE nearly brand new compatible digital standard lens for my DSLR that's coming in Xmas so since I already have compatible film lenses it's looking like I'll only need to buy the body! :)

And my first Postcrossing card hit it's mark and the recipient wrote to tell me she liked it^^!

And yesterday I met a Lama! :) And I got the most BEWDIFUL Tibetan Singing Bowl in the whole shop and it has the most addictive, intoxicatingly beautiful vibration! LOL, I ended up spending waaaay, waaaay more than I had planned to for it but in the end I justified that it was a one-off and helping a good cause(Tibetan Community) so was like a bonus form of making a donation to a cause that resonates with me...and in the end the lure of that bowl was magnetic especially when peddled by someone with such a nice vibe to them- I was just like the snake to the snake charmer-he could have asked for anything and I would have done it!

In any case the bowl is the same size and shape as a Buddha's bowl, has a very healing pitched vibration to it and has pretty engravings- with the inside being of Padma Sam Bava-an Indian Buddhist Master who preached Buddhism in Tibet 1000 years ago...



Carving detail...sorry best it gets even after Photoshop- this won't be an issue when I get my DSLR though :-))))


So the first thing I did when I got home was gong the bowl several times and try to get the correct pitch...a major surprise revelation is that Tibetan Singing Bowls aren't actually that easy to "play" when you're trying to draw out the vibratory sound- requires a little skill and a lot of practice to get the correct pitch and a smooth tone. Haha by the end of this week my neighbours should be convinced they're living in a monastery: hopefully it'll get them to Behave Better!!!

I'm totally Alice down the rabbit hole-suckered further and further into all this New Age stuff...It's just So Me- it's so great Being Free To Be Me...Finally!!!

There's actually one more exciting thing I found out which I deem especially blogworthy so STAY TUNED because it requires a bit more care so I'll leave it for later: there always seems to be plenty to write when I'm away from my blog for more than 12 hours total addict that I am LOL!...Tata for now and hope you're enjoying your weekend! :-)))

EDIT: just checking my email! Wow...Can the day Get Any Better?!!! Besides scoring the free digital lens from a friend here, Scott tells me he got sent two cordless shutters (for DSLR) so has kindly offered to give me the spare!!!! THAAAANK YOUUU! Oh the universe is being so nice-is this Karma or what? It's so nice after the draining, challenging and depressing last week! okay REALLY GOTTA GO NOW-later alligators!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh too cool! I was pricing out Tibetan singing bowls the other month (this very cool shop in town sells them CHEAP)
My friend bought one and couldn't play it but her daughter could
I am glad you are happy today...time to update my blog I guess :P
BTW your teas are on the way