Tuesday, July 1, 2008

On Money

Just shy of 1 week back, the post-holiday magical bubble of bliss is starting to wear thin-the cynicism and degradation of city life and city people is starting to infiltrate...

One thing particularly getting on my nerves...the money obsessed ie: the people who are anal, paranoid about it- the people who allow money to govern and direct their lives-the people who are so consumed that they have no life perspective...totally disgusting, not to mention, SO UNHEALTHY!

For sure, I understand if you are a single mother struggling to feed 3 children kinda thing- in that case, you are being completely reasonable- every cent definitely counts!!!

However I'm not talking about these people- I'm talking about the irrationally wealthy. The people who can more than easily afford to be a little generous to those less fortunate, who don't need to be so one-eyed, calculating or downright...selfish.

EXACTLY why every time people suggest "go marry some rich guy", my reaction is a cross between an indignant scoff/roll of the eyes cos these are the types that spring to mind instantaneously.

What I have noticed through the years is that it seems the more wealthy people get, typically the finance types, the accountants, the doctors, the lawyers, the more small minded and closed-minded they become:so unattractive.

I guess that's exactly why I didn't last at The Millionaires' Factory. I just did not want to be surrounded by that mentality day in and day out where the little guys inevitably get screwed so the large corporates can make a killing - I remember the final straw for me was seeing them chain themselves to our five star lobby in protest to their loss of an honest living- it was at this point I decided I needed to find myself a new path. I didn't want to be part of THAT anymore.

I'm not prepared to compromise values/morals/ethics just to turn a quick buck. How rare is it to find people left with any INTEGRITY these days? As the rat race gets faster and faster, it seems that the majority are turning into a wealth obsessed, money directed, small-minded green eyed monster.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Eek! I'm going to study to be one of those accountant types!

Zz... said...

no worries dear, i've known you almost my whole life and i know you've got too much scope in your heart and brain to get suckered up by it...BEST OF LUCK! :)

markymark2099 said...

Just catching up with all your posts. Damn you write a lot in 4 days!!

Yup, Lantern, so sorry bout that, i'll get you one next time i'm there. You should've reminded me, cos I would've got my mum to get one, she was there for a couple of months :P

Zz... said...

yeah haha can't help it matey- it's the stress of being back in the city!

hopefully you'll meet your wife at WYD and then you'll have to go back for the big wedding and I can get you to import a truckload over when she moves all her bits and pieces over in a crate hehe, hehe. I LOVE LANTERNS!!! but not when they cost $25 AUD for one! :P

Phivos Nicolaides said...

Keep always your values and high idealism. Money dosn't buy everything...

Zz... said...

hmmm...I always thought I was just "normal"- but more and more I people tell me I'm "highly idealistic"!

Damn, I guess I should steel myself for lots of disappointments...I think in healing professions (especially holistic ones) it's a good thing to be idealistic though- especially when it is so obvious how much positive influence the power of the mind has...thanks for your encouragement. Have a good day, Cheers!