Thursday, July 31, 2008

Good On Ya Cuz!

hehe another "crazy" Aussie expression for you internationals...I guess I should translate then:

It is a colloquial way of saying "Well Done, Cousin!"

I found this out a couple of days ago-it's pretty impressive even for My family of Super Achievers...

My 26 year old cousin is written up in some almanac bible thing called something like "Great Australian Women 2008" for her contributions to Law - no kidding...and the funniest part is that the section about her reads just as long as Nicole Kidman's section! So now she has forever entered this Nation's history and at such a young age can only keep adding more :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OK so I think you should write me an Australian slang dictionary and I will write you a Canadian one

Zz... said...

Haha sounds good except for the fact I'm drowning in Chinese Medicine and daily slog but yeah feel free to enlighten on Canadianisms...I still don't quite believe you don't know what "shouting someone" is so I thought I'd doublecheck with my other Canadian friend(and at the same time check the "eh") If he confirms both then I'll believe it's a Canadian thing and not just you LOL