Thursday, July 3, 2008

Please Lord, Can I end up with a chef...

LOL.

No seriously, a chef (or someone that can cook) would be great...I hate cooking! It's sooooooo draining! But because I have to eat healthy, vaguely following a TCM diet, have grown up with good cooks and hence intolerant of bad tasting food, but I can't use any quick cheat preprepared sauces etc because they have chemical crap-preservatives in them which I'm allergic to...therefore I have to cook and totally from scratch which is incredibly time consuming and exhausting!

It's quite amusing...while the majority of my fellow gender aspire to marrying investment bankers, something with a bit of money, prestige, repute etc, all I really want in utility terms is that the guy can cook! I don't worry about the money bit- I figure I can bring in reasonable bacon haha...so as long as my stomach is kept happy, then I'll be happy then I can bring in happy bacon LOL

In any case the dinner went well...despite hating cooking, I can do it if pressed...if I feel like it ;)

And the good thing about people who eat everything is that you can choose to cook what you like to eat :) So we had:

pumpkin and cream corn soup
tomato chicken and lentil risoni paella with green olives
sangria with green apple using a shiraz cabernet
chocolate mud cake

unfortunately it all went before I remembered to take photos...actually the cutest part was not the food rather the invitation- I made it like a red double door which I think in Chinese feng shui is good luck...lol somehow being in such an artsy fartsy region and having had a bit of decent rest my creative ability came back a little...

Anyway to curtail the ramble t'was YUM! Happy Tummy Indeed. And it wasn't too rich so I don't feel really sick like I would have if we'd done one of those bourgeoisie too many course and weird ingredients degustation events.

Toodooloo...off to the beach for the weekend! :-)

3 comments:

William Wren said...

its a life ennit

Caroline said...

For someone who doesn't like to cook...sure sounded like a delicious meal!

Zz... said...

William, if you're a chef- I take my hat off to you!

Caroline, thanks for the encouragement- however no amount of encouragement will make me like cooking LOL

Glad you stopped by. Cheers :)