Thursday, July 17, 2008

Too many Chicks have "Back-Ups"

I was talking to this chick the other night and asking how her set-up boyfriend was going (I'm pretty cynical about these "arranged" things). But it has been a year.

Anyway knowing she's a clucky one, a bit more prodding from me to see if she's ready to settle down yet and she comes out with a resounding No: "I haven't met 'the one' yet."

And then I couldn't help myself: "Um, why are you still dating this guy then if he's obviously not 'the one'?"

SO MANY chicks do this and I guess plenty of guys do too (but I just don't know any).

Maybe I'm really straight forward but I just don't get it! I feel really bad for the sucker hanging around wasting his life on someone who consciously chooses of their own free will to be with him only until someone better comes along.

Are there no people with any integrity left in the world?!

Or is there nothing that strikes more fear in some peoples hearts than being "alone"?!

And hence being with ANYBODY is better than being with NOBODY. And hence having a "back-up" is just 'playing it safe' so in their minds it's perfectly warranted, justified and ethical.

Poor sucker.

Even if they do end up getting married I'll always think of him as the "back-up" guy.

But maybe that's cos I'm the -some say- 'overidealistic' and 'unrealistic' romantic fatalist. And perhaps all that waiting is equally sad LOL ;)

But I'd rather be 'alone' than in a substandard relationship. ANY DAY :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Its not fair to the person you're dating if you're waiting for a better offer :(