Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Food Lovers Paradise!

What's with the friggin' cold weather?!!

I haven't felt such icy winds since walking across the Brooklyn Bridge in the middle of winter when the temperature was -7 degrees. Bloody Hell I was so frozen I had to ditch my favourite someone else cooks me paella invite and run a nice warm bath (epsom salt, sea salt, bath oil, lavender bath salts, rose geranium oil and sandalwood oil) instead just to Defrost!

Yep it was an indulgent day...

In any case, the "man-is-killing-the-natural-environment-so-now-we- have-crazy- weather" unseemly cold weather probably has a lot to do with why I'm totally FOOD and EATING OBSESSED at the moment LOL

Today I got to E's and I immediately recognised the familiar "I really can't be arsed cooking" look on her face that I often get...so we decided to check out one of the hard to get to foodie streets nearby since she had the car...

W-O-W

This place was Foodie Heaven!

Too bad they were such Nazis about photography on the premises. She had some kind of upmarket panini and I had an oyster mushroom salad with chat potatoes, shallots without the cacciata(?) cheese that it was supposed to be sprinkled with. We then shared an Eton's mess dessert that consisted of strawberries, cream and meringue with a strawberry coulis- ohmygod talk about food orgasm LOL

The phenomenal taste and quality of produce used really made my day! My only reservation was that with the salad, I seriously felt like grease in the form of fine extra virgin olive oil was seeping out my pores after!

Later I went a little nuts in the store-haha, have no fear with me in a shopping mall *yawns*...

Let me loose in a gourmet food store however and the $ damage done can be very very painful if it's your credit card I'm inflicting it on LOL

My dad always told me "never try and save/scrimp where food is concerned"...that's probably the sole thing he said I have never had trouble obeying LOL: in fact, the lack of restraint and amount I end up spending on food for one person each week is totally outrageous!

Hehe maybe why G says I'm a glutton- thank god I was blessed with outrageously fast metabolism cos rationally speaking I should be a Total Porker LOL

Here are my modest takings from the day-thankfully limited by how much I was comfortable carrying home by hand LOL...

Caramelised in a barrel for 3 years(balsamic?) vinegar, snow pea sprouts, hand made pizza base, canned lentils, large strawberries, honeydew, Italian 'glassatine' puff pastry biscuits(just to try something new!)


Italian "Glassatine" biscuits up close and personal.



On a non-food note, it's been a weird day. It's like all the positive energy I've been putting out lately came back at me in a big way today. When I turned on my phone- two more meal invitations! When I opened my mailbox- Love from Paris! When I checked my email- several new random strangers saying Hi! WEIRD. COOL BUT WEIRD. I don't think I've felt so 'Miss Popularity' since the 9th grade! I'm sure next month the universe will go back to normal and everyone will hate me again...hehe ;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So that's how you would describe the look on my face! Hahahaha...you're funny :)

I've been very uninspired of late when it comes to cooking (see how empty my food blog has become)