Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Results are in!

So results were released today...and it was a pleasant relief...definitely was a community effort though from my dad ferrying me my mum's tubs of home-cooked food once a week when it got really busy;
to G&P helping me prepare for prac exams;
to L donating her body to the prac exam; to A giving me last minute lessons on physical anatomy;
to Hippie Boy's ongoing stress relief with massages, food, motivating chats and comforting hugs;
to E and her dad rescuing me at the last moment from flunking my massage prac when I got so sick I couldn't move and giving me "revival" herbs and E in her usual directive way telling me "This is what you have to do" and showing me how to do it....not to mention giving me tips and study materials along the way...

No thanks to my chain smoking neighbours though...that was what made it such a tough and sickly first half in the first place! You'll notice I've stopped whingeing and whining on that for a bit - I paid a few more visits to "have a chat" with these neighbours but strangely, they also seem to have calmed down of their own accord. (This is partially why I said I'm going through a mysteriously favourable astrological transit right now).

It's always a good feeling to get good results after you feel like you've pushed yourself through a sieve just to survive...more so though since because I'm very aware of all the sacrifices made for me to be able to do this course. I guess it is also partially a matter of self respect and personal standards. When I was younger I just wanted to be different- the typical youngest child rebellion- and I really believed my parents were unhealthily one-eyed (like most immigrant parents) about good grades. Now that I am actually studying of my free will something I enjoy though it's totally different, I actually want to do well partially to keep up the family tradition of success...

The last day or so I've gradually eased into a state of quiet repose for the rest of my holidays doing responsible things like finally tackling the piles of clutter left over from the move, cooking good nutritious meals, getting plenty of rest, attending the last 3 months of postal backlog, and building a new bookshelf to get my study all organised before the start of another harrowing semester. The Calm Before The Storm...

It's a nice change to be struck with this burst of steady and quiet responsibility in contrast to the usual frenetic fits of flighty chaos and overexcitability.

No comments: