Friday, July 11, 2008

Dots on Blogs

Ever since I discovered Feedjit and stuck it on my site a day or so ago I'm addicted to looking for new "dots"(country flags) from exotic locations....I know, S-A-D.

But this world comprises all types...LOL, and I just happen to get happy from the cheapest thrills ;)

Problem is I don't really know that many people in that many different exotic locations and for some reason some dots just don't show- M aren't you in Boston, MA? How do you visit- By stealth?!! Is there some intriguing conspiracy theory/geeky explanation for why dots don't show? being Scorpio Sun/Mercury with Moon in Saggit, I am stereotypically fascinated with the unknown and fancy myself a bit of a Sherlock Holmes X 007 (minus the slick coordination and cool bravery! hehe) IF I was going to be a TV character. Actually in reality, I'm more like Leela from Futurama. Cool but Daggy Daggy but Cool haha.

Anyhow, as per usual, I digress.

The dot fascination is a bit like an evolved version of my childhood hobby of collecting postage stamps- I like to "collect" dots from exotic locations!

Just like as a kid I wanted all the stamps we got from exotic locations so bad I actually FOUGHT with my sister over them(this coming from the world's most passive doesn't talk kid), now my addiction dictates that I want new exotic locations dots so bad that I'm tempted to 'cheat' and request my don't-read-blog friends who travel to "visit" from each new country they arrive in!

LOL that's why addictions are the work of the devil...they totally incite us to skew our usually straight moral compasses haha

I'm also tempted to break and give my blog address to overseas penpals (which I generally don't do until they've come to the staggering conclusion that wow, the chick is actually wholely and completely SANE- it comes across more in person, I promise :p)

Sheesh all that moral degradation just for instant gratification of a couple more flags...

I should just be patient. Surely people from exotic locations will randomly surf in soon enough? I wonder how many years it will take to collect ALL the countries in the world?!!!Unfortunately I don't think it's possible in my lifetime...the last thing starving populations need is the internet! (My preferred charity if you feel so inclined, cheers.)

Lucky I love writing and always have an endless stream of blabber waiting to come out- at least in writing. Maybe I can aim for 80% of the world's countries or maybe, I should just join Postcrossing to get a similar fix...

4 comments:

Caroline said...

I just checked out your dots...looks pretty good to me! I wonder if those people in exotic places have computers? Or would even feel the need to blog???

markymark2099 said...

Yeah i'm in Boston MA. Should show up cos i'm visiting your site waiting to read your latest drivel :P

I'm drunk woohoo, and still blogging, how's that for addictiveness. Oh yeah, do you want a postcard? Email me your address if you do.

Went exploring today, Harvard and MIT :P Sometimes I wish I had brains/money to go to these unis...

Zz... said...

Caroline, which dot is yours? You have a point, when I was on holiday in a seaside town- I the world's most addicted blogaholic did not feel any urge to blog whatseover...amazing!

I'm sure some exotic places have computers though cos I sure got a lot of men from Ghana emailing me about being penpals LOL and my friend gets a lot from Nigeria haha...

Zz... said...

Beerguts! Your dot still not showing!! You must be in some hi-tech sensitive information protected "firewalled" kind of place?!

haha I even got G into blogging LOL

yeah i want a postcard but only if you put a real stamp on it and not one of those dud american predident head ones! fussy ain't I?

I'm sure you can pay your way through- just get a smaller island(it'll be harder for Sid to cannonball too HAHA!)