Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Digital Camera: Help me make up my mind!

It seems like us Scorpios are completely struck down by indecision lately: hate it!

So I got a mini windfall and I'm tempted to go splurge it on a properly functioning digicam cos this limitation of a dysfunctional one is driving me insane!

Problem is I can't make up my mind!!! HELP!

I'm torn between
1: a portable in your purse always have a camera at hand snappy cam
2: a more advanced point and shoot with some manual control for more creative photography
3: a digital SLR with proper lenses- for image quality and artistic versatility this is the ultimate but from past experience THEY ARE REALLY HEAVY!!

Any Advice please? and on which models- M will be in NYC this weekend so I was thinking of getting him to pick something up from B&H but they have waaaay so many models than we seem to get here I'm just totally 'combobulated!

Prior to having that much choice I was looking at an Olympus 840 or similar for snappy portable option due to excellent image quality however I have heard that Olympus cameras have slow reaction times...
Then I was also recommended the Panasonic Lumix series and they do feel nice and....tough, sturdy construction. Hence I was looking at possibly the TZ5.

Currently I have a prosumer Canon G3(this was a gift)...which was pretty decent before it stopped working properly. ***If anyone knows about cameras and photography- can they please drop me a msg with some recommendations?*** I need to make up my mind and make it up QUICK if I want to escape having this Dysfunctional Camera HELL for another 6 months!

Thanks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey mate, it all depends how much money you have. the more you pay the better the quality. im still not sold on digital, i hardly use my digi cam. i bought a new lens, im getting it on monday, its for film of course. cost a lot but am certain that it will take pro shots. man......now days you can always touch up photos on the pc.... good luck....!