Thursday, July 24, 2008

A Meditation: Exotic Symbolism No.1

So...I finally got to test my every hour you sleep BEFORE midnight is worth like...double! theory.

By 8pm I was completely zonked- three hours later- wow I feel GREAT! It is really true- I feel like I've slept 8 hours or something- I actually feel refreshed :) But now my sleeping patterns are really, really screwed...

But maybe this will work once semester restarts. Because my brain definitely needs that reprieve before it can process even more information from the day...and I remember my high school biology teacher saying that your brain is actually most efficient (at least for retaining information and study purposes) around 11pm :)

This evening being so exhausted I also got to test my don't cook just eat a sandwich for dinner thing...and, I think it's definitely gonna stay! It's not that bad actually- I saved SO MUCH TIME and it tasted pretty good to me. I had good quality grain toast with super duper quality extra virgin olive oil with fresh organic baby spinach and lashing of sea salt on one slice and an awesome beetroot and sumac relish I got from an upmarket deli with the olive oil on the other.

Then I had some fresh squeezed orange juice and a tub of mango and passionfruit probiotic yoghurt LOL- felt so healthy- actually felt really good- I think my body really needed the cleanse (you inspired me S! yes you :) cos I've been so exhausted lately from toxin overload courtesy of chainsmoking neighbour...stressed city people are The Pits!

In any case, further developments from the day with many thanks to Scott for helping resolve my indecisiveness...there will be an exciting new addition to the family come Christmas!!! Okay, so my niece or nephew arrives September but I was actually referring to My Camera Family LOL.

My 'Family' consists of the long-ago retired too expensive to use 'Buddy'(film), 'Neo'(My Very Ill Digital Prosumer)...what will I call Camera No3(a DSLR equivalent of Buddy)?!! LOL several months to think about it- so can't wait to be able to take satisfying shots again!

Anyhow...last random thing...My Ceramic Coaster project inspired by Caroline and the work of Masaru Emoto and Himalayan salt lamps...unfortunately it has to be canned...cos the clay studio in the community centre isn't making money and has stopped opening its doors...

But they have all the preordered lumps of clay and the working kiln just sitting there and everything!!! It did cross my mind to take a page out of my lawyer-soon-to-be-barrister cousin's book and take it up with the art director on behalf of all the typically low income and student types like myself...but then I thought with semester restarting I should save my energy and just let it be...need to learn to refrain from scattering my energies all over the place and focus ...but in any case my mum was really enthused over the project so helped me select and write up a bunch of pretty characters for my personal coaster set...I don't know Chinese so to me it's just exotic symbolism to look at but I chose all the characters based on qualities or attributes I think I need more of in my life ;)

It's the character for HUMILITY - I felt I needed to remember this especially in light of getting *a bit of a big head* from being told "you're a really 'interesting' person" several times this week - haha.

2 comments:

Caroline said...

Ok...did I really cause you some inspiration? WOW. So glad to hear that. XOXO

You are an interesting person and smart too (your found the word)...work it girl!

Unknown said...

Welcome to my world of keeping insane hours and being awake while the rest of the world sleeps. Mine is because of shift work though :)
Anytime I nap before midnight I only sleep for 2.5 hours and I am up for the rest of the night.