Monday, August 18, 2008

Hero to Zero: People are SO Fickle...

I was outraged to hear how the Chinese superstar hurdler Liu Xiang got totally slaughtered after his achilles gave way and made him bow out of contention for the medals...ironically the theme kinda ties into what I had been planning to blog about...how people are so fickle- I CAN'T STAND these people!

In my childhood and in my teens I had the (mis?)fortune to be relatively popular. These experiences, if anything, disgusted me and have probably contributed to the passion with which I am now a comfortable loner when I want to be...

I couldn't believe how people would be friends with you when things were going well to the extent of being total suck ups following you around but as soon as things weren't favourable all your so-called "friends"could just instantly about-face and disappear. I HATE PEOPLE LIKE THIS!

I still get this kinda crap now. Because I have extremes with how I can look based on how I dress each day...In any case I can't believe how differently I get treated!!! People fail to even remember they've met me before- it's disgusting how superficial people are...I just want to scream- "I'm still the same person, damn you!!!"

Although a lot of women dress to impress, E and I have enough self confidence to not need to hide behind make up and nice clothes so we have a pact...we deliberately do not dress to impress so we weed out such superficial low lifes who will like us for looking presentable rather than for being ourselves. I just think superficial people are SO STUPID...pretty well everybody can look really good under a bit of makeup and nice threads....just to push my point- I have even been in a magazine(how ridiculous is that(!) but it just goes to show what's possible when you have skilled makeup and hair artists and a fancy dress)...it's completely evident if you look at Hollywood superstars just going to the shops without makeup and in their ugg boots-completely unglamorous-every bit a daily human like the rest of us!

In any case I just wish people were less fickle- cos shallow things like looks are so transient and are a completely unreliable way to judge how a person truly is....

In any case you know who your real friends are cos they give you the honest truth and still love you anyway...LOL

Today I walked in the clinic and no "hello" from T&M, just "YOU LOOK LIKE SHIT!!!!"

LOL I've been really sick for 4 days now- it kind of takes its toll...But at least they didn't abandon me- M gave me a massage slathered me in Vicks and Chinese liniments and gua shaed me and stuck a needle in- quick treatment between classes...then later I got more treatment- acupuncture, herbs...hopefully it works this viral thing is just NASTY and it just makes life so tough when there is very little leeway to accommodate sickness into a course as demanding as this one. So anyway friends were sweet today...giving me tissues, food, treatments and still my friends despite the fact I looked like shit and smelt like shit, was a completely disgusting walking germ-ball full of neverending snot...

There's nothing like REAL Friends :-D

8 comments:

markymark2099 said...

You're sick? YUCKY!!!! :P Drink more orange juice!

Zz... said...

yeah it's long since the days when you saw me chugging 2L cartons of 100% pure fresh OJ while you chugged your 35% crap LOL

back in the city now a) no car for groceries so can't undulge in such a trend b)HOW EXPENSIVE is city living!! :P

Unknown said...

Reading your post brought me back to my high school days where I was reviled as a social pariah for no other reason than the clothes on my back.
The world is full of "hangers on" who are there for the ride and jump off at the bumpy spots. It's the people who are in it for the long haul who count.
I don't care what you wear...well just don't wear socks and sandals...that is just unacceptable ;)

Caroline said...

I stopped dressing to impress years ago...very liberating! I dress for me...no one else. Hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

If I told you that you looked good, while hosing you down with my LYSOL, would you still consider me a friend?

Zz... said...

Shannanigans, haha WE SO THINK ALIKE- strangely enough that socks and sandals thing is a big no no down under too! LOL I think it all started with Steve Urkel from Family Matters...American pop culture -you can't escape it! ;)

I'll admit though I sometimes go socks and slippers when I go chuck the garbage...better than frozen feet- comfort and practicality are no1 for me!

Zz... said...

Caroline, you're in that class of so good looking the only way you could look bad is if you wore a bag over your head LOL...

Zz... said...

Dana, *giggles* nah i like 100* truth 100% of the time - feel free to tell me I look like crap as long as you mean it ;)

We don't get LYSOL here but I suspect if it's full of harsh chemicals I probably wouldn't be very happy- I don't mind if you "misted" me with eucalptus and lemon or teatree oil- just as effective antiseptically, completely natural and reasonably pleasant smelling...