Saturday, August 30, 2008

A Favourite Movie: JUNO

I've been wanting to see Juno for aaaages...Highly anticipated, I'm glad to say it didn't disappoint^^....t'was an *instant favourite* with me- LOOOOOVE!!! Halfway through I was already thinking "damn I wish I had time to watch it Again straight away!"

I think I liked it so much cos I can really relate to the protagonist, and when I was sixteen I was SERIOUSLY just like Juno...

My favourite parts of the movie was the revelation where she affirms that jocks always secretly like the weirdo girls...*LOL I was cracking up thinking of you straightaway, S!

And then the bit where she says she doesn't do proms cos 'proms are only for squares or nerds' and she's neither...yah me too :)

I also like this part of the movie:

Juno: Hey Dad!
Dad: Hey Big Puffy Version of Junebug, where you been?
Juno: Just out...dealing with things waaaaay beyond my maturity level.(*LOL that line SO reminded me of me at sixteen!)


I also really liked her hamburger phone- I've so always wanted a novelty corded phone but unfortunately I couldn't find one when I did try and look earlier this year-even normal corded phones are pretty non-existent these days :P

The other favourite segment was the bit where Juno says to her dad

"I'm just like, losing faith with humanity" (yeah ME TOO! especially in the city!)

And then Juno's romantic idealism(like me!) comes out too...

"I just need to know that it's possible that two people can stay together forever".

Liked her dad's 5 cents:

"Find a person who loves you for exactly who you are...good mood, bad mood, ugly, pretty, handsome, what have you...the right person's still gonna think the sun shines out your ass. That's the kind of person that's worth sticking with!"

AGREE :)

Ellen Page is such a kick-ass actress! I really liked her performance in this film, and was equally impressed by her performance in Hard Candy. She's definitely destined for greatness- an actress to watch out for!

7 comments:

markymark2099 said...

Thought this movie was boring :P No action or hot chicks! I'm watching Star Wars as I type...much better movie!

Zz... said...

oh it's definitely not something boring people enjoy ;) LOL

Anonymous said...

I have heard good things about that film - and was intrigued - but I think I must have missed it when it was on release over here. Maybe I can get it on DVD. (Will report back later).

Your reaction to the film reminds me of when I saw Amelie (have you seen it?) - I was watching it and thinking - I've got to watch this again - and again...

Anonymous said...

Wow - that's so cool! Thanks for the recommendation. I had heard Youssou N'Dour on I think it was a Neneh Cherry record and thought what an amazing voice! But I didn't know where to start with albums - now I have a starting point - so thanks! (Can indulge my naughty CD habit - though I temper it a bit by buying secondhand from Amazon!)

Zz... said...

Healingstones, oh I'm so happy you are open to listening to Youssou- I will be surprised if you don't ADORE the album! (and the best part is being in the UK you actually have access to a great world music scene live!)

Yes, Amelie-surprisingly that was one French film that I found kinda overrated- I didn't like it as much as most people- I love french films generally though-l'appartement is pretty good :)

liked the soundtrack of amelie...audrey tautou is so cute and elfin-like too- juliette binoche is still my fav though...

Anonymous said...

If you like the music in Amelie - you should check out the guy that wrote it, Yann Tiersen. I have seen him live and he is brilliant. I've found a couple of links for you.

The man himself:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmhgDc4KWJc&feature=related

And here is a bloke playing Rue de Cascades in his room (don't you love YouTube?) he plays it beautifully:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A4HaR9LJzI

Unknown said...

Haven't seen Juno yet, my mom has it so I will have to borrow

Ellen Page is Canadian, and I think a lot of us have that smart ass sarcastic attitude
I will let you know what I thought about the movie when I watch it :)