Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Work Hard. Play Hard. Crash Hard.

I've been reaping the benefits of living close to school this week- it's only Tuesday and I've had two classes already finish super early so I can just come home and take a much needed luxurious nap :)...actually this is pretty dangerous cause I was so knocked out I almost missed a test -rocking up 15 minutes late!(Lucky it was purely a threshold task and not graded...)

So today the class that finished early was not mine but a student with a disability that I note-take for. It's been really strange coming back to my first tertiary roots-the class is in the area of visual communication and design theory...it's so fluffy and airy fairy I hate it now just as much as I did then =)...and it was so funny hearing the terms non-linear narrative and visual schema again LOL - good thing though I've had 10 years or so to come to terms with what these things might mean so lucky for the student my notes aren't too crap...like when I did it and it all went waaaay over my head...

Anyhow we saw a video from Design Kitchen so hilarious- it just reminds me that most of the design world is completely pretentious and narcissistic...their self promoting video ended with the premise that "only beautiful people can do beautiful design" (gag)...LoL you gotta get used to it when you get into these aesthetic fields though...

The lecture reminded me though of this COOL SITE I thought I should share since if you're not in a design field you probably weren't aware of it...check it out as it has loads of inspiring talks by experts in all different areas...with something definitely to capture your interest :)!

No comments: