Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The Girls Are Going Camping!!!


okay sorry, just got overexcited in advance as per usual. Something to look forward to though...I LOOOOOOVE Camping!

:-D


my classmate was talking about how she saw The Milky Way for the first time(!) and then I realised that her and other classmates had never seen it before cos they're such city slickers- they hadn't even been camping in Aus(!!!)


"THAT'S IT!" I said, "We're going Camping!"

And they got all excited :)

LOL should be fun...going camping with a whole bunch of girls who have never been camping before...I'm only taking the tough ones though- no Princesses allowed hehe.
edit: USEFUL TIPS TO FOREIGNERS TRAVELLING IN REGIONAL AUSTRALIA
1. lots of water
2. sun protection & insect protection
3. let someone know where you're going and when you expect to be back
4. don't disturb or try and rescue wildlife...koalas and wombats etc have VERY sharp claws...
(real story I heard recently: a good samaritan backpacker rescued an injured wombat putting it in his rental car- it regained consciousness and tore up the car causing several thousand dollars worth of damage...expensive lesson! ...we have agencies like WIRES you can contact to go rescue the animal-contact numbers are usually posted on signs along the road in high occurrence areas)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome! I love camping. I live in a pretty rural area so I can still see stars at night but nothing like when you get completely out of the city. The only thing I am scared of is running into a bear. They always say they are more scared of you but I doubt it!
Have fun!

Zz... said...

mental not: don't go camping in north america...LOL we don't get bears here...the worst large threat is you might get kangaroos or deer crash into your tent in the middle of the night or steal your food(this is really cool watching kangaroos in your vestibule eating at night)

here you gotta be scared of all the small things- snakes, spiders, MOZZIES! always have to zip up (the tent) after yourself...

Unknown said...

I had to google mozzies

Mosquitoes...I get it :)