Saturday, August 16, 2008

Doctor Doubts...

I knew from a very young age that I was not cut out to be a normal doctor- the blood and guts, having to cope with people dying on you every day, having to stay calm and react in critical situations.

However, perhaps some things are not so different :P A day in the clinic full of sick people and germs...

and I'm sick as a dog! Maybe I'd be better off as a health writer...

Sometimes when you live by yourself it is possible to go long periods without talking to anybody. When the phone rang and I heard my voice it suddenly hit me that perhaps I was sicker than I realised and my friend concurred with "you sound like you're dying!"

But although I'm heaps run down, I'm still hoping to attend my niece's 2nd b'day party...fingers crossed.

there is so little leeway with my life right now-it's not even about overstudying it is just being able to keep up with the workload and ongoing assessments- this cram course is crazy- 4 normal subjects is like 8 subjects- we're starting to move into that territory where there is absolutely no scope for a life outside of study apart from grocery shopping etc-once I fully accept that I'm restricted to 4 months a year to "enjoy life" that will be easier.

Meanwhile I'm sucking on Autumn Valley Manuka Honey Nuglets which is keeping my throat and spirits in check somewhat, sweet tooth that I am ;)

2 comments:

said...

Hi there,

thanks for the book's recomendations, when I have a money I'll buy the Milan Kundera book.

When I read a part of your post (Sometimes when you live by yourself it is possible to go long periods without talking to anybody.), I reminder a text that I read in spanish, the tittle is "The rat" by Lolita bosh. I try to make a translation of it:

What obsessions and lost you in thoughtings can show the vision of a rat?. From disgust to tenderness, from
misanthropy to need a contact, Lolita Bosh put a live to spin around of passing rodent.
--

¿Qué obsesiones y ensimismamientos puede desatar la visión de una rata? Del asco a la ternura, de la misantropía a la necesidad de contacto, Lolita Bosch pone toda una vida a girar alrededor de un pasajero roedor.

Cheers, Zxoch.

Zz... said...

thank you, as always the spanish is very beautiful, I think my brain is so overloaded I can barely remember any Spanish- when I have holidays you need to help me practice again! :)
p.s me gusta muchísimo "ensimismamientos" como "pinceladitas"!! ;)