Friday, August 29, 2008

Delicious Serendipity!

And the amazing part? It's vegetarian! ;)

So...this is what happens when you haven't had time to grocery shop and the pantry is bare- wow I'm starting to get pretty good at this food improvisation thing...in terms of taste...Mmmmm!

So anyway, I was getting the only dinner worthy item- a frozen pizza base out of the freezer, when a box of frozen leftovers came crashing down (I was a tool enough for my fridge to be open at the same time, so it cracked some eggs along its spectacular descent...)

Not liking waste, I beat and fried the eggs into a salt and pepper omelette as a sort of "side snack".

Back to pizza base...I topped it with some crushed organic tomatoes from a can and some basil squeezed from a tube(like I told you, I really haven't been grocery shopping!), then I put on some shredded pizza cheese...I was reaching for the only pizza suitable vegetable in my crisper- an eggplant- only to find possibly due to it being organic, that it had already become a mould ball :(...chucking that, I was at a loss for what to adorn my pizza with...duh!...omelette! weird huh?!

Baked for 20 minutes....wow- it was surprisingly delicious! the combination of fried egg, basil, tomato and cheese on the base was total delicious serendipity! And it fulfilled two great criteria- a)food on a budget and b) dinner under half an hour!

*pleased* :-D

2 comments:

Caroline said...

oh yum! Isn't fun when that happens! Now you have a new recipe!!!

Unknown said...

Yum! Eggy pizza
Never tried that combo yet

I usually go for the plain cheese and oregeno variety