Friday, August 22, 2008

How far down the rabbit hole?

10 hour shift and the reality of this rigid regime is starting to kick in...so I find myself rebelling by playing Chemical Brothers-Surrender at a level which could only be deemed 'inconsiderate' by the neighbours...lucky I've only drongos for neighbours and no kiddies so I'm sure if I can put up with their crap like I do, they can put up with mine!

I'm really starting to ask myself The Hard Questions I find...like, How far are you prepared to go? How much are you willing to sacrifice...

Unfortunately we were all brought up in an environment where mediocrity is not something to be tolerated so if we do something we better do it WELL or else not bother...I guess it's an ego thing as well...or rather we are so used to high standards - that is just the bare minimum....so I find myself looking at "all or nothing"- I don't know if perhaps a new standard needs to be introduced to the Family Standard....Compromise?

But somehow I feel like, I don't want to be the one to let down the side...

1 comment:

Caroline said...

When I lowered my expectations, my life become so much better. Not that I lower them for myself too much...that's hard. Keep going...