Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Realisation: The Hidden Benefit of Wearing Heels

So it's Winter and I look around and see all these crazy young girls (and women) wearing mini skirts and tights and barefoot ballet slippers and shivering in the cold...all Fashion Victims!

Meanwhile on cold days I am draped in a coat that could also double as a single bed blanket haha...I'm a fashion victim too- a victim of Practical fashion!

In any case because it has been unusually cold and wind ice chill lately, I've gotten out the boots...the thing is due to a former incarnation in the corporate world my boots have heels so that the nice pants don't drag on the floor...

Since my accident I haven't worn heels much but now I'm regularly back in them due to the cold, I realise Heels have a really rather useful hidden benefit!

Basically what I've noticed is that wearing high heels are Very Grounding especially if you actually walk in them all day...basically you can really feel the earth and the ground connecting under your feet. The Chinese Med view on this is that it is stimulating your Kidney1 point which lies on the sole of the foot basically in the centre of the crease that forms if you flex your toes forward... vertically it is on a line with the line between your second and third toes a little less than a third of the way horizontally up your foot...okay now you understand why point location can be a little challenging with or without scientific terminology!

In any case this point is very effective for bringing ones energies down and "grounding"- I've found this a most effective point (from guinea pig revelations) to target reiki into especially with people who have way too much happening in their heads. Massage is also great either do it yourself or if you're lucky your hubby/partner can do it for you :) Mmmm...Foot Massage that's what every hardworking woman deserves!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I knew there had to be a point to wearing those things
I have an adventure in heels coming up on Friday for the wedding. Wish me luck!