Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Random Thought...Self-Confidence

Everytime I start to get a little cynical about the world(usually it's other peoples "adult" cynicism rubbing off on me)...something little will happen to trigger me back into my idealistic world of colourful rainbows and twinkly stars :)

LOL imagine if I hung out with kids all day and had no memories of the challenges of the past...I'd just be one big kid...PERMANENTLY (!)

To people who get jaded with the world, cheapest freeest most effective therapy I suggest: Go hang out with a little kid for a day!

In any case it occurred to me if I ever have kids one thing I'm gonna make sure they grow up with is self-confidence and self-belief...I've noticed how fuelled purely by that, even the average person can go really really far! And true self confidence is very self-protective...I see so many people with so much potential yet they lack self esteem, confidence and self-belief...so they just sort of linger like stagnant water and don't achieve all that they are capable of...I just hope that one day they realise that they're capable of manifesting what they want out of life...but it all starts within!

2 comments:

Caroline said...

LOL...I am not sure about hanging out with a little kid all day! All the little kids I know need more help in the self-confidence dept than most adults :)

Zz... said...

true my ramble is all confused especially in the mornings LOL-clarification: hanging out with a little kid is good for cynical and depressed adults...adults are the ones to install self confidence...hopefully that is clearer now :)

p.s some kids are born with big heads though but it usually gets deflated very quickly by their parents or older siblings ;)