Sunday, August 17, 2008

Biological Warfare & Intuitive Confusion

So the jury's passed its verdict. I've been deemed too much of a respiratory contagion to attend my niece's party- so I'm tucked in bed having a good ol' much needed rest like you should on Sundays, and indulging in favourite trivial pursuits such as blogging ;)

So the other day, I chanced to meet a psychic healer. This brought some interesting discussion and I totally couldn't contain my curiosity- I, like so many others, gave her a grilling interrogation...

The reason I'm especially fascinated is because, from a young age, I've always known that I'm slightly *intuitive*, and pretty well I know that if I wanted to develop it I likely could, but I've always held myself back due to fear of the unknown and more recently due to wanting to make my own choices without being influenced by things like that...

Lately I've been influenced by the idea that you can manifest how you want your life to be, however it recently occurred to me that perhaps...maybe it's better to just go with the flow a little and save some energy! LOL

In any case, re:psychic ability and intuition, sometimes things come to me (occasionally I have made predictions which came true). Anyhow sometimes...I find myself wondering: was that thought truly psychic or is it just my ego talking? It is very hard to make a distinction and hence I never know whether to act on these "thoughts"...I think until you can completely detach from your ego, any insights you receive will always be a bit fuzzy...I know you could probably meditate for clarity and clarification, but I think a large part of me just doesn't want any excessive intuitive ability!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I HAD A DREAM! No. The other kind. Anyway, I dreampt of a horse standing in the field. Its head was bent down and it was struggling to breathe. Also, it was drenched!!

Within a week, I'm in the hospital with pneumonia, trying to breathe, and totally DRENCHED from the oxygen tent blowing watery mist on me.

Zz... said...

um...I didn't realise there was more than one type of dream?!

how fascinating-why were you depicted as a horse? are you born in a Chinese horse year or something?!

In Chinese medicine there are some documented historical recordings as part of ancient medical literature like if you have this kind of organ imbalance you dream of floods or this kind of organ imbalance you dream of fires etc of this kind of balance you dream of flying...I thought it was crazy until I had the first two- amazing all this inexplicable stuff!

Anonymous said...

You mention 'going with the flow and saving energy'. There is a buddhist concept (you may already know) of 'the law of least effort' - everything happens in its right time; let go of attachment and just 'being' is the best way to live (if only!)

BTW - you are so prolific!! Even when in your sick bed (!) Get well soon.

Zz... said...

Healingstones, thanks.

yes I believe you're talking about "wu wei": action through inaction...we love that concept in TCM- basically prevention rather than treatment is key!! ;)

Unfortunately for the everyday unenglightened human wu wei is a constant consciousness in practice...not easy! LOL

haha yes, you are not the first to call me "prolific"! Unfortunately blogging the only recreation that can fit conveniently in to my life- cos if I'm not sleeping, cooking, cleaning, working, eating or in the supermarket I'm pretty well doing study related stuff and that means a heck of a lot of time spent at a computer...it's a sad, sad life but hopefully someday someone more than just me will be thankful for it...

p.s can you let me know what are some good rocks that can help speed recovery re respiratory contagion? I think I've outgrown crystal bible and need to get more rock books and learn more when I get a chance! if you can just email me via the link on my blogger profile...thanks!:)

koala brains said...

I guess it depends on what has happened in the past. Historically is it for real or ego? I know what you mean. The ones I know for sure come from the intuitive side are the trivial occurrences. The other day I thought to myself when the annual benefit was for a cause I supported and in the mail that day was the invitation.