Friday, June 26, 2009

Sometimes you just need your mummy...

sheesh...I can't believe I found out about Michael Jackon's passing so late!! anyway I've done a post on MJ over at my song blog.

The reason why I was so oblivious was I had a bit of a health scare today (I woke up to my right eye all funny and I couldn't open it along with tingling and numbness) and so was freaking out....a friend's dad retired gp still alive today thanks to chinese medicine so a wise, non partisan informed party...he told me to dash to the gp (who typically said "sorry there's nothing I can do") and then having seen some of our patients struck down with these things for 3 months(!) I had the good sense to take myself to the acupuncturist-"stitch in time saves nine"(thank GOD I can open my eye and it's looking passably normal again...TCM is seriously amazing....saves the day YET AGAIN! fingers crossed it's good still tomorrow)...so anyway the rest of the day was spent resting up while my mum came over helped me with chores and cooked me several meals so I could rest which is very very important when struck down with severe virus.

Anyway yeah would appreciate if you could send me some healing vibes/include me in your prayers for a quick, full and speedy recovery(cos I've already been sick for 8.5 days and I'm still pretty unwell- definitely should not have got sidetracked while out at the doctor's yesterday LOL)...now I probably should go back to beddy byes...some holiday...but hey the scariest thing is having any of your basic human functions impaired...while I still have my 5 senses and mobility of all my limbs in tact and all my major organs are functioning, at least I won't be stressing myself silly! All those things healthy, lucky people take for granted. Not me!!!

cheers :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

yikes that's scary! That happened to me when I was about 13, I woke up and had welts all over my body. Then my figngers and toes swelled and even my eyes swelled shut. Doctor's told me it was a virus and to wait it out. That was a fun week

Hope you feel better soon sickie!

Larns said...

sending all my 'get well' vibes!!! Love Larns Xxx

Delighted Scribbler said...

OMG Sorry to hear about that. From later posts, I take it you're better. Go acupuncturist!

Izzy said...

Sending much light and love...