Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Trust.

There's precious few people in the world who have been able to win my trust and retain it. To those few, they will always have my unconditional support and loyalty.

Sure I will spill my guts left right and centre especially when I'm stressed but that's a different matter entirely...LOL it doesn't mean I TRUST!!!

In any case a confidante pointed something out to me the other day which was interesting. Basically I had let a negative misrepresentation of me go to another party without bothering to clarify...if it was a positive misrepresentation sure I would have clarified it immediately...but with negative ones...I kinda like to let them go as a "test".

Basically, nobody has that much time or energy to invest in everybody willy nilly so I like to feel potentials out. And being the forever scientist who loves experiments...

Basically if the other party believes the negative misrepresentation without question, I deem them to have failed and they are no longer worth my time...because there is part of me that just expects a certain level of intuitive understanding, or at the very least to have faith in me and think the best of me until proven otherwise.

If they fail, it indicates to me that the other party was judgemental, close minded and has a negative mentality in the first place....all qualities I choose not to have in the people I associate with. If they pass, it shows to me that perhaps, we have a keeper! LOL

There have been so many times when I've sighed and thought to myself: "MAN, I feel like Mr Darcy!!!"

Yes this "test" thing is a rigorous process...but rock solid good friendship is not easy to come by in the first place! Cheers to Lifelong friends :)

5 comments:

HappyOrganist said...

Gol - we have enough tests in this life, and you're doling out more?!

Unknown said...

I feel like I do that myself, but to myself. I hear negative stuff about people but I never believe it or give it much thought until I get to know them myself. Everyone gets a chance to prove themselves to me once

markymark2099 said...

You smell :P

Anonymous said...

Blimey! It's a tricky web people have to negotiate to get close to you isn't it? Is that a Scorpio thing? You won't like this, but for the sake of honesty (which I value in any friendship) I have to say, aren't you being judgemental when you say
"If they fail, it indicates to me that the other party was judgemental, close minded and has a negative mentality in the first place..."
Just a thought..... I know I'm cursed to damnation now...

Zz... said...

well I don't do it on purpose, just when the opportunity arises...LOL can't resist!

Shan yeah you so get me that's your venus in scorpio talking the "once" bit hehe ;)

M...Nice...I know...a boy in all other respects but LOL!

H.S you don't have a context ;)...trust me, it's always like Mr Bingley and Mr Darcy in Pride and Prejudice :p i'd say, a definite scorpio thing...everytime I read about how much people despise scorpios I'm surprised how relatively unscathed my experience has been...I guess it's cos I have so many planets in libra...(that would be the saving grace Mr Bingley component...if you know what I mean :P)