Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Anchor Noise Transience Ditziness.

I find it ironic that now I don't actually need to get up early in the morning I've been able to get up at 6am like clockwork for the past 3 days...an event never encountered during semester! Perhaps that is the weird side effect of going out every night?

In any case, as per usual when I finally have free time and headspace, I've been encountering more spiritual "noise" and between that and being relatively social, it's all been a bit hectic and chaotic and slightly overwhelming!

So as much as I complain about being tied down and stuck here I am glad for those two constants in my life...home and school. Before for the longest time I used to keep peeps as my anchors but as we all grow older and everybody defects overseas into their separate paths, well they don't exactly qualify anymore...I am surprised that certain internet friends are surprisingly rock solid- they're always around when I want someone to chat to...it also indicates to me a giving nature so restores my faith in at least a small portion of society again...it is very easy to let one life fall by the wayside when you have both your real life and your internet life....especially the latter during holidays and the former during semester. It would be so easy to just disappear completely from the latter on holidays (and my eyes would thank me for it too!) but then I remember how ever reliable some of my net friends are and I don't think it's very fair to just disappear on them!

There is one affliction I find I have in real life though...and that is that my friends are typically highly transient- they invariably pick up and leave- perhaps that is just reflective of their relative adventurousness or the fact that oz just doesn't offer enough career development opportunities for the ambitious and talented, or that they simply just need a more exciting change of scene, people and lifestyle. To be honest though as much as I like excitement, I actually LIKE to stay put in one spot once I find somewhere I like. I guess for me a home is an anchor, which is even more important for someone who has weak roots and is constantly floating away with such an active mind of introversion, possibility and imagination.

I actually think thinking too much though, or too deeply about anything and everything, as much as it is enjoyable, is a double edged sword. And needing to know the hows and whys of everything can just be one big brain boggle- and let's face it, not all things in life will ever be truly explained. I am actually grateful for my ditzy friends who don't think about things too deeply. I think they're a good influence on me. I'm also grateful that I'm not just a one dimensional "brain" either and that I was born with an inherent ditziness which makes me more versatile...I can at least partially relate to ditzy types...mind you that doesn't make me a Bimbo either! LOL

5 comments:

HappyOrganist said...

sometimes your ramblings make me dizzy ;-P

markymark2099 said...

You think a lot haha! Its like your continuing our conversation from lunch time but in written form! Thanks for coming out, I know how much effort it is for you, and I really appreciate it :) Procrastinating at the moment...gotta pack, clean up a bit...sheesh!

miruspeg said...

Interesting post Macs because you have touched on some intersting topics.
I'd like to comment on 'Real friends' and 'cyber relationships'.

Cyber relationships has very real limitations as there is no body language. Also people present their best side, leaving out details about themselves that we would easily learn in person and might find unacceptable in a friend.

I love this medium though because without the internet I would have missed expanding my circle of friends to include some wonderful people. It is not a replacement for the friends who drink coffee with me at the kitchen table and drag me out to lunch when I'm blue....I'm blessed in having friends in both worlds.

For me, people are people - and I have friends I met in the park, friends I met at work and friends I met on the internet.

:-)
Pegs

HappyOrganist said...

Oh Peggy, you're so well-rounded ;-D

miruspeg said...

Nah HappyOrganist I am just a rambler who likes to spread light around the universe.
:-P
Peggy