Thursday, June 25, 2009

Yikes! I think I'm turning into a...GIRL(L.O.L??!)

Ironically, it all started with a bit of feminism. Basically cos I am pretty "yang" the guys I get on best with tend to be pretty "yin" ie. they have a pretty well-developed feminine side...

So anyway a particular one (this totally amuses me no end) gets excited by the colour pink and bunny rabbits!

On reflection, I realise now, it was at this point the corruption began its insidious infiltration...cos no way did I want to be shown up by a MALE! So it started innocently enough....first, a hot pink pen(cos I reasoned, the brightness was necessary to wake me up from my soporific study somnolence...)

It then progressed to some rather accidental, satirical and CRINGEWORTHY loveheart winter slippers which were the first things to greet us in the front of a supermarket (cos I needed to get money QUICK and the supermarket was the only ATM to be found in the pouring rain.)

(My first reaction to these was that biological warfare had started afflicting slippers and thus the pink contagion)...

HOWEVER. After I realised they were very snug and comfy slippers, they(like most things) grew on me and then it was all rapidly downhill...

after a pretty traumatic final exam on our way to lunch we passed a shoe store sale...that was my 3 pairs of shoes in one day moment...not to mention (one pair I thought initially were light purple but could be considered musky pink as well and flowery...and the other two were heels, one red, one BLACK(yes...didn't lose all sensibilities at the peak of sleep deprivation or adrenalin overload!)

In any case today I found myself ogling extraneous *pretty* designer handbags and jewellery in a shop...no not Chanel & co but you know those unique hand made creative designer items and I was actually considering owning such a piece. *Ouch! It is so expensive being a GIRL...LOL, after today the thought of being a L.O.L(Lady of Leisure) cum sugar daddy which the old generation like to advocate doesn't seem like such a horrendously, disgustingly, repellant proposition after all! LOL

In any case I think I'm making progress...lol one of the stipulations of this incarnation seems to be (and numerous people have told me).

LEARN to be a girl or at least develop and embrace a feminine side.

Oh and how's this for coincidence...in my minimal waking hours in the past few days I turned on the TV and whaddya know- it was my one and only ever highly skilled makeup artist on tv giving a tutorial on how to shape the perfect eyebrow...

LOL!!! ENOUGH!!! Girl Overload already!!!

Apart from that had a couple of developments the last couple of days and today was especially pleasant...possibly to balance out that rather crappy one from last week...yes, it's that duality thing! LOL

*Finally was well enough to drag myself outta the house (yay!) and straight to my lovely chinese doc to rescue my lungs who berated me for falling off the radar being "busy" and becoming completely qi and blood deficient not to mention that dubious fluey thing I picked up from the baby spit...in any case, just to be sure her therapeutic concoction did feature a "secret" ingredient which my inside contact assures me is included in all "swine fluey potential" cases. Had lots of fun smelling feeling looking talking herbs again- miss the buggers! Had to cancel on clinic this week with a lovely practitioner but fingers crossed for next week...

*Workmen finished the smoke sealing which seems to have made a huge difference and I no longer need to inhale my dodgy neighbours weed/hash/nicotine/incense/burnt toast/deodorant and other bathroom horribilities - thank God- been driving me insane for over a year now!!! In any case unlike the last time where they left a dirty film of microdust over my entire apartment which took weeks and weeks to clean these ones even bothered vacuuming up after themselves...sweeeet!

* Stumbled into a tiny little grocer which happened to stock the most delicious fresh organic produce -yeeHAH! Not easy to come by lately...and at such good prices! And the girl in there emanated 100% truly lovely, warm spirit I actually wanted to hug her(!) the first person I have wanted to hug even remotely local to this city anyhow!

*I stumbled almost into a film set(yes, daydreaming again...oops) - in any case one of the actor wannabes *meowed* at me like a cat...which is weird cos it is probably a year (to the day or thereabouts) since my last weird pseudo-animal encounter except in that case it was being "woofed" at like a dog...it doesn't matter that I used to be engrossed in the film crowd...or that I am still a kooky bean...some things these larrikin Aussies do still strike me as just plain...weird!

*In my almost 2 weeks of break so far 1 week out and about and 1 week sick at home, I've managed to make a really cool new friend locally^^ who also appreciates my hippie interests...and a GIRL^^ too- wow, talk about progress!!!

It's sure taken AWHILE...and finally...
*Just confirmed flights outta town so something to look forward to in the Summer!

Was a rare nice day out in the city today a good reintroduction back to life outside the cave again...I realise though that with all this Tolle focus on Being...living in the present etc I also have to be very careful to not just interpret this solely in its narrowest possible worldly terms of hedonistic impulses to "enjoy the moment" - need to temper these compulsions somewhat or I could definitely end up very very very broke and possibly more than slightly embarrassed!

wow, was that some ramble or was that some ramble?

p.s this herbal brew a la swine flu is TRULY disgusting :p

6 comments:

HappyOrganist said...

that was some ramble ;-P

Unknown said...

That's the best part about being a girl: we can wear girly stuff, boy stuff, we can do sports or shop or anything we want. We are not bound by limitations of macho expectations

outdoor.mom said...

hmmm.... i am feeling the urge to go buy something pink.......

HappyOrganist said...

Pink is lovely. embrace it!

I was totally a dark blue, dark green person in high school (wouldn't ever catch me in pink). at least i don't think so..

I love flipping through different books and reading their interpretations on the meanings of colors (and chakras and rocks--i mean gems) all that stuff. I think it's hilarious 'cause everyone has a slightly different take on all of it (the meanings of each thing). Very interesting.
I have lately (last 2, 3 years) been into pink, myself. (and some red). A book I picked up once (and intuitively felt its explanations of color would have some meaning for me) said that pink was associated with forgiveness.
That's just one person's take. But I thought it was neat b/c I am way into forgiveness lately. So I thought that was kinda cool.
here is a fun page, talks about meanings of colors in various cultures. We studied this a bit in a 'culture' class I took in college. Wonderful how the meanings change in each group. ;)

markymark2099 said...

About time...so when are you gonna wear a bikini?

HappyOrganist said...

hahah Don't do it msC. !