Friday, June 19, 2009

Half-Assedness

Now I have revelled in the joy of having a "life" again...I have had time and headspace to reassess certain aspects of my life...and there are some things I want to change...one of them being that I want to shed much of the shoddy half-assedness that goes on with me due to my sheer laziness and lack of care as to how dodgy, "bum" and dero I come across to others...I totally lack pride and maybe that is a bad thing being so complacent and comfortable with myself!!!LOL okay, well I gotta admit there isn't exactly choice during the "snowed under" season- I am merely just on subsistence living or rather survival instinct :p

So anyway for the next month or so I'm going to try and be accountable for myself and try not to give anybody reason to label (or secretly think) I am a dero, a slacker or a lazy bum! LOL.

Ie that means no turning up late, no crappy slapdash meals, keeping my house impeccably clean on top of all my chores and no hair at all different angles sticking out of a messy ponytail or all over my face...I'm going to try and put a better "minimal effort" into everything I do...

At least for the month...just to see what I'm made of and if I can do it...

And perhaps it will start with clearing up my riffraff blogs and producing something I can look at and think "hey that's actually really good"...for too long now all my energy has gone into my study, work and career- to the extent that is ALL I really care about! I have always dabbled and dipped my finger into every pie and skimmed across the surface hence how I have ended up a jack(shit) at all trades, master of none! Now I know this study/career thing is the first thing I have EVER committed myself to and will be "pretty good" at. It's time to add a second path of mastery...hmmmm just, need to work out what that's going to be! LOL

5 comments:

HappyOrganist said...

'a dero, a slacker or a lazy bum'
Too late! your secret's out!
you are SO funny, you know that? I love it. and this: "hair at all different angles sticking out of a messy ponytail" sounds very attractive somehow.

Zz... said...

LOL yeah I know I'm SO funny!!! part of me is convinced I am just here to keep people like you amused ;)that's better than being purposeless and useless right...lol

HappyOrganist said...

people like me? Righty-O

Delighted Scribbler said...

Just don't stop tapping away rambling here at The Art of Zhen. You're an integral part of my web amusement! LOL

Unknown said...

Oh my I just echoed your post without even knowing it

great minds do think alike