Tuesday, June 10, 2008

What's with the Mass Efflux??!

I think, somehow I jinxed myself this week when I outed myself as a dedicated introvert.

This week P flew out, M announced he is flying out shortly(Congrats Mate!), G decided she needs to leave :(

In the past 2 months, S, J left, as did A, C(G). Will they ever come back? Somehow me thinks the glamour and glitz of Europe and the States is too strong a pull!

Soon, M and T will leave too(albeit only interstate but multiple years). Then there's the folks who already deserted some time ago!

It's sad...

On the upside, R is back this month (Welcome Back^^!), not sure how long his itchy feet can stick it here though LOL

it's so weird, if you'd asked me 5 years ago I would have predicted most people to be more settled by now - thankfully there are still a small minority who aren't likely to be leaving soon- hehe nothing quite like marriage, mortgage, babies, 6 day a week jobs and did I mention multi-year study commitments to root oneself to a place! Weird, I would have expected more mortgages too- I guess it's a sign of the changing times....also the price of real estate here is ridiculous! I'm happy though that I got into the market when I could- nothing quite like having a piece (or part piece) of property to your name :)

Any case, now I can almost taste the first of my 4 months off each year where I actually have time for a life besides study...who is left to actually do stuff with?! eeeek!

And the worst part is, I still haven't even worked up to flying again yet so it makes no difference that there are people to visit, places to see and places to crash A ZILLION MILES AWAY!

I think someone is gonna have to make herself some new friends :-P

p.s I'm giving myself a 1-2 year time frame to work out the (longer-haul) flying issue but I'm seriously plotting to join the efflux if only for a few months (I love Oz too much!) with some clinical internship...with a White Christmas or Red Papayas ;)...so...watch out! hehe

No comments: