Friday, June 27, 2008

Uncouth

Having travelled many places here, I've always maintained that the further North you go in this country the less couth people tend to be...

so far, this theory has not been proven wrong yet....

I was walking on the beach when I heard "dogs" barking behind me. Was just some local larrikins who ran past and turned around faces plastered with cheeky grins.

Later on not at the beach we actually heard local "pigs" grunting between themselves. *sigh*

Is a bit of refinement and the ability to communicate in grammatically correct sentences too much to ask?

haha maybe we're just snobs...Aussies, you just gotta love 'em.

p.s I'm loving these holidays-finally having recreation time etc...funnily enough though, I still can't get enough great nights in. I guess I'm still really tired.

New favourite leisure activity: watching The Chaser's War on Everything sipping a glass of red warm and snug in my PJs on the couch- love it...I'm also cooking and reading...the protagonist in the book I'm reading says that we should do all the things we hate and dread and fear- character building- I tend to agree...so I'm making myself go to parties full of unfamiliar people for the next month...starting tomorrow...eeek.

No comments: