Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Teenybopsters

I've never liked teenybopsters much cos a) can't relate.

But perhaps in the past it was also tinged with a bit of grief-association since I felt that my teenagerhood and early twenties was "stolen" from me via sickness and I missed out on pretty well all of that 'time of my life'.

Now though...I think it's more to do with the fact that I'm very much looking ahead- progress- and having to be surrounded by so many bopsters just makes me feel like at times I'm having to revert backwards ie. especially in terms of mental-emotional state and maturity.

Teenybopsters are still at the age where all their peers think it is 'kinda cool' to boast that your weekend ended up with you getting so pissed you ended up sprawled on the side of a gutter puking or over a toilet bowl with your friend having to hold your hair back.

So not cool.

The main topics and themes that are of concern to them are just completely disparate...

I reserve the right to retain maturity and act my mental age...it's bad looking young and being a student at my age- you get lumped in with the bopsters and people expect you to be one too.

No comments: