Thursday, June 12, 2008

I Believe in Destiny

So, I was out getting some last minute stuff for my trip - yay - how exciting! This grandma had no idea powerpoint IPOD chargers and no-battery-required LED torches existed- cool stuff!

Anyway...I bumped into Someone. A really long lost Someone...WOW!

How much happens in 10+ years?

SO MUCH!

It was so nice to see her-almost like a blessing! If I hadn't had a hole in my trolley, and I hadn't gone to the security desk to ask for some keys that escaped through that hole, our paths would never have crossed!

I am so glad they did.

She'd obviously been through ALOT. Just like me. We quickly exchanged life stories. Wow, between the two of us we're probably one hundred years old!!

Destiny had unmistakably intervened in her life and shaped it into something completely unexpected just as it did me...forcing us both to grow up very, very fast, and thus unable to relate to our same age peers.

Some people like to say "Destiny doesn't exist - we make our own destiny." I could hardly disagree more...I call that "You've been lucky in life so far!" There are so many things in this world we humans have no control over...just look around!

Once you start to accept this fact, you get liberated in a way :)

1 comment:

Phivos Nicolaides said...

You are right. I agree with you.