Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Men Talk, Women Listen...

is that how the saying goes? Well then I'm sick of it!

Maybe I "talk" or to use M's expression-verbal diarrhoea- to my blog alot cos in my real life I don't get to literally talk enough?! I guess also when you're surrounded by extroverts and loud types you don't end up saying much unless invited. Or maybe it's characteristic of introverts: with people who are practically strangers you keep to yourself and listen politely rather than talk.

Today bumped into D which was pretty funny- he was asking me how my exam went? I politely responded. Then a brief silence...but he couldn't contain himself and burst into: "aren't you gonna ask how IIIIIIIIIIIII went?"

haha and this was the clincher:"No! Cos I already asked you this morning and you already told me all about it!"

LOL- this just illustrates how I'm starting to really notice how most men love nothing more than to talk about themselves and half their purpose in talking with women is to try and get their egos stroked - actually I told him this arguably skewed perspective and he immediately agreed wholeheartedly! LOL

Actually this study debunks long held stereotypes and results are pretty interesting!

No comments: