Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Day of Reckoning: Fortune Favours the Brave ;)

...PASSED :-))!

Thank God I no longer have that hanging over my head!

So when I got to the prac exam it was running late and there were still a multitude of people scheduled before me yet to go...The news from students on the inside was that a certain examiner was being really tough and grilling...so when the next door opened and it was that examiner...NOBODY (at least 10 people) dared to go in!! LOL

So I volunteered. (In retrospect I realise wow, how far have I come- life history wise I have tended to veer towards fearfulness/gutless wonder).

I rationalised it this way: Sheesh! if I have to rely on examiners being more lenient to pass my exam then I'm not worthy of being a practitioner anyway- I mean I need to know this stuff!

So anyway yeah it all went okay and somehow (because it is a professional context) I was easily able to remain detached and therefore unflustered despite the intimidating nature of it being you one-on-one vs. examiner and ticking time bomb! Perhaps it also came down to the fact I have a pretty good relationship with all the teachers as people so I felt more comfortable than others might have...

The chick after me wasn't so lucky-she started getting all flustered and then started berating herself and then completely freaked out and got all muddled. I think in events like these you need to

a) KNOW YOUR STUFF REALLY WELL so as to protect yourself from having holes poked in you if they feel like grilling you.

b) Be confident-cos once you start to doubt yourself...oh no.

c) Be kind to yourself- scolding yourself for getting something wrong will just make you feel worse and unsettle you for the rest of the exam which is still being assessed.

Obviously it's taken me until now to be able to somewhat master this process... hehe - so different to last time round when I asked religious friends to pray for me...and it's not like I knew it better the last time!

I love it :) when I have tangible evidence that I have personally grown, evolved and developed in character...

okay happy interlude over- back to the grind :P

No comments: