Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Memory

I find memory recall fascinating...what will be the trigger- an expression, a sound, a smell, music...?

I found myself travelling back in time today... Deja vu!

Walking through the park, the pathway was covered in wriggling earthworms! And just as I did 20 years ago, I found myself saying (and feeling) "Ewwww!", careful to tiptoe through them so as not to end up with any splattered guts beneath my shoes.

I was intensely aware of the fact that it probably looked quite ridiculous but I think...some things you just don't grow out of!!!

1 comment:

HappyOrganist said...

love worms..
No, not really. Can relate to feeling like a kid when I see 'em, though.
You know what's cool. I have this perfume (oil actually) I bought in France when I was a teenager (15+ years ago). It's a teeny tiny bottle. But I still have it (just don't use it that much, I guess). EVERY time I open it - I am taken back to that Place and Time - just EXACTLY. There is nothing as neat as that trigger for me. It works so effectively. weird..
smells good, too.