Thursday, June 12, 2008

Cooking Experimentation with Z: Chicken Risoni Paella :)


So...with a mini reprieve until the BIG REPRIEVE I decided to cook myself a proper nutritious healthy meal...well aware of the fact that I need to clear out my fridge before my impending trip :)

So...I had 4 large organic tomatoes I needed to use up.

No method to the madness-pure creative inspiration took hold...

I fried a bit of garlic in good quality extra virgin olive oil, dumped in the chopped tomatoes, seasalt, sugar, a can of organic lentils (important: rinse out bubbles!) and a big squish of basil from a tube.

Then in went a handful of green olives, once it started to simmer I added some chunks of organic chicken, then a splash of balsamic vinegar and the finishing touch...my favourite staple right now...RISONI!

And I ended up with this.

Verdict? YUM!!!

I think I'll call this dish "Z's Serendipitous Accident" LOL ;)

No comments: