Monday, May 31, 2010

It's Bad Manners...

DUDE! stop rubbing it in!

I find myself getting offended that while I sink under a mountain of work and deadlines and STRESS, my mate on the other side of the globe is living it up including attending gig(probably with free ticket!) of one of MY musical heroes, listening to MY theme song live AND getting pics taken with her(STONED OR NOT!)

How very damn rude.

You so better introduce me to these mates with all the muso connections when I'm over there! OWE. I so want to make you eat live baby octopus....RIGHT...NOW.

Another day down...phew! ...and a reasonably interesting one at that...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Random question: is it narcissistic and egoistic to only want custom made stuff?

It's like once you have custom made ANYTHING, it is pain...PAIN... to have to adorn with/own mass produced junk! Happened to meet a jewellery designer whose work I like...tempted to ask him to make me a piece, with me as a co-designer. There is something just so attractive about making individualised creative anything. I'm so tempted to accept an offer of custom made wood furniture except who knows where I'll be on the globe this time next year?! Also, lacking in any skills myself and not made of money, how on earth do I pay for these things?! Needles or Herbs anyone?

6 comments:

markymark2099 said...

Sorry mate...I owe ya big time. Hey I like her music too :)

HappyOrganist said...

I'll take herbs - but not from you (no offense ;)

And you should get everything custom made.

Unknown said...

custom made is awesome made
So no..not egotistical, just a desire for something that is unique to you alone

Zz... said...

M, Did she sound good so many years on? Or has her voice gone all wear and tear?

HO, not offended - the truth is there are few people really good at this kind of thing- needles are a cinch -any tom dick or harry can do it but constructing herbal formulae from the raw...now that's an art.

Zz... said...

Shan, maybe that'll be a good way to remember the big 3-0- get something custom made- oooh yeah that reminds me we owe each other tshirts only I forgot what yours was supposed to say and what I wanted mine to say!!!

markymark2099 said...

Her voice is exactly the same as it was all those years ago :) Check out that youtube link I sent you!