Sunday, May 23, 2010

Please Keep Me Warm, Santa!

I don't know what happened but suddenly I find myself exhibiting some sense of normalcy because my emaciated frame is actually starting to feel the cold for the first time, probably ever. I have no idea how this is going to work when I am traversing the far extremes of the Opposite Pole in the height of Winter...

I can only hope that maybe Santa will bring me an extra warm set of gloves, earmuffs, jackets, thermals, furry hats and scarves if I so require.

That also leads me to some concern...how exactly am I supposed to fit that much in my luggage- must I travel with a TRUNK? Yikes.

Something tells me I'm going to need some nice Northern hemisphere person to grant me the favour of dumping a load of stuff at theirs while I do my happy wanderings... three continents, experiencing multiple cultures, half a year...or more...I canna wait!!!

5 comments:

HappyOrganist said...

wow - when is all this? 6 months or more - are you serious? That sounds like fun. Hope you find a place to settle down (top of a mountain somewhere) =P
Have a fun trip! (you're not leaving for 3 months, right?)

Franko Gnedo said...

Except for some clothes to get you started buy all your cold weather clothes at your destination. Australia (or at least WA) is not the place to shop for real cold weather clothes.

Zz... said...

top of a mountain would be good but I think after all this cig smoke my lungs deserve to breathe easy...maybe something at comfortable elevation...

yeah a few hills to traverse yet...you are SO gonna miss me I know HO! Don't worry I'll send you postcards- I still appreciate old fashioned snail mail and handwriting- needs a bit of revival I'm going to rebirth the trend! It'll be like that knitting fad!

FG my thoughts exactly thanks for the advice...I am so lucky I have lots of locals around to help me at the start but I'm seriously going to have to get good at MIME! should be fun ;)

Unknown said...

I have tons of winter clothes you can have...after all, I live in subzero temperatures most of the year. Right now however it has been in the 30's and unbearably hot...and it's only MAY!

When are you coming to this side of the globe?

Zz... said...

will be in touch re "when"- no idea exactly as it will be the tail end of my travels...the plan is finally to set foot in your country though!!!