Saturday, May 17, 2008

No Spring Chicken...

245am? hmmm...think the stress of my massive workload-deadlines-exams is starting to get to me...I did however manage to get my obligatory nerd out for dinner with a whole bunch of my age people though...

but rather than being an enjoyable experience, it was kinda as it usually is...very disorientating! And then I start to think arghhhh I'm still a student...arghhhh I still have so much longer being a slave to my studies and this limited lifestyle...arghhh I've spent a third of my life studying...but then I hit some sense back into myself and think, it's my choice anyway and all the sacrifices will be worth it by that which I gain...

It also kinda freaked me out when I found out these My age Males- those who I've only ever known as immature, irresponsible BOYS...they're gonna be....Fathers??! Scary...that's when it really hits you...you're old!!! LOL there's something to be said for these herbal tonics...it seems like so many people on these have fallen pregnant by accident.

On another note - therapeutic this incessant rambling - I'm really looking forward to my personal retreat- I've totally reached that point where I really really need to get out of the city and commune with a natural environment. It's gonna be really good: total relaxation, scenic. I'm looking forward to sucking up that fresh ocean air, looking for whales with my super duper binoculars, taking good photos, doing art, doing chi kung on the beach, going to yoga classes, talking to hippies, talking to people from different countries, watching movies, sussing out herbs and new health foods, scoping the place out to set up business and live, SPACE...and should be rather "interesting" when the girls come up for the weekend...

On another note, I think adults are so jaded because if like a child you get really excited and hopeful about stuff and have expectations and they aren't met, it's pretty disappointing. It's easier to go into everything with a negative/cynical view and then when it turns out well you can be pleasantly surprised...

On a final note these chain smoking neighbours and the bad/non-existent ventilation here is REALLY DRIVING ME INSANE. If I had to wish any one group in the world to be permanently exterminated, without hesitation, I'd say: Smokers- the real scourge on society and our ailing health system!

No comments: