Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Reminder: Don't Forget to SMILE!

LOL I guess after several months now in city degradation, it had started getting to me so that I was becoming just like every other city slicker...

to the extent that a random stranger actually came past and whispered a curt command: "SMILE!"

but I really did feel sick and like crap yesterday, plus, I'm really bad at obeying commands...but I made a mental note for future-ie so today I remembered to =) even though smiling wasn't exactly warranted - all day in assessments!

I guess I don't smile much randomly cos it's not normal in the city to see people smiling so if you do smile, people are more likely to stare at you and think you're crazy! Hence I'd rather not draw unwanted attention to myself...also, I think I'm more the kind of person who smiles with my eyes and generally with purpose(when there is someone to direct it at).

Cos my eyes are so sensitive to pollution however, or perhaps it's the Scorpio woman stereotype -I wear dark glasses everywhere I go, even at night, so people rarely witness me smile....giggle yes, but not smile...hehe maybe it's my subconscious remembering I probably have food stuck in my teeth since I'm constantly snacking LOL

4 comments:

koala brains said...

Smiling w/ eyes - me, too. I'd walk by people in the hallway at work and I'd smile, so I thought, but what I was really doing was glaring. (I can have a bitchy face). The corners of my mouth weren't going up like I thought they were. I live in the south where people are, for the most part, friendly so random strangers will smile. I have to tell myself to smile back. What if I don't want to smile? I usually will smile if someone smiles first but I don't usually do it first. How about when a strange man smiles? I feel weird smiling back b/c is that flirting? I did that once and I got a stalker in return (this happened at work and I had to call security). I guess that scarred me a bit!

Zz... said...

hmmm this convo is dejavu- it was concluded by an objective party that times that I don't have a bitchy face though LOL

yeah you should smile!in the south if everyone smiles you have no reason to not be friendly!

oh yeah...tell me about it- first year out of a girls school scored a stalker- been completely paranoid ever since.

yeah I agree smiling at strange men or women can be asking for trouble...but I do smile at grannies and kiddies or the nice person serving me at a shop :)

Caroline said...

Smiling always makes me feel better...but I do smile a lot! People think I am on happy pills. Anyway, I did answer your question on my post...but thought I would tell you here...I have a Canon Rebel XTi. The lens are utterly amazing! I took a picture of lavender...I did not know it grew little white flowers! I have a picture on my blog...if you click the picture it blows up like 500% and you can see every bit of detail...so cool!

Unknown said...

I learned at work not to smile at old men because they take it as an invitation to try and grab your a$$

I only smile when something makes me smile. They are not free, no matter what McDonalds tells you

I have been told I have a bitchy face, but Im really not bitchy...most of the time. Usually I am in my own little world and don't even notice other people