Monday, November 28, 2011

Down the internet drain: Life staring at a screen

It's so easy to live your life in the virtual world...it's so easy to get sucked in with all the candy available on the internet, to be lured by colourful characters and wonderful personas...

The reason I say this is because it's quite alarming how much many people don't see any line between virtual and real worlds...

It's particularly alarming this trend of people falling in love with people they never met...not saying that I'm cynical...it's just disturbing how "sure" people can seem to be about someone before they even meet them...

I think much of it is false hope, illusion. Delusion. On a grand scale. And most of the world is sucked in and addicted. Even with me it's like varying suction on a vacuum cleaner how much I can't walk by a live internet connection without checking something or walk past a computer without turning it on (especially when it is raining outside all week :P)...whatever the case, the computer internet life is not a healthy existence...why do people reject the open sky, the vibrant light of day, a refreshing breeze and the damp caress of fresh grass for what? An existence in front of a lit screen in a dim box.

In any case of course I wouldn't get sucked in bar something pretty unique and special. I just got sent a video of telekinesis...that's quite a trick! In any case my first ego thought was "surely I can do it too I should try!" lol...reminds me of the time I found myself in front of a "magician" who was just practising basic science tricks...well one trick he couldn't explain by science cos it really was..."magic"...so anyway as soon as I saw it I was like hey I think I can do it too! So right there in front of an audience I performed the trick back to him...skill :) And as unbelieving as I am I even verified later with members of the audience that they weren't just emptily stroking my back...to say I did it when I didn't...

Sweet Memories. Perhaps a lot of it is about belief. Which is what you find you have before your thinking, deliberating mind has any time to kick in and spoil the fun!

Okay enough procrastination...catching up on house duties calls! Three weekends straight of more than 24 hour days=One very trashed Grandma :) LOL, you only live once!!!

3 comments:

HappyOrganist said...

There's a lot to say for delusion, illusion or whatever you want to call it. As for me, I'm going through disillusionment, myself. Speak o' the devil. I digress. There's plenty to say for illusions. ^^

Zz... said...

why i thought you liked being a MOM, lol...no seriously, why? you still sick? :P

HappyOrganist said...

oh I wasn't referring to being a mom. ;D
I was referencing crushes and that disillusionment that hits along with reality in its various forms. It seemed to fit the topic of your post... I am still sick, though ^^