Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I finally resolved my culture conflicts :)

I realised my root problem is that truly CULTURED people and CULTURE are a bit harder to come by here but when I do meet them they are just as cool and relief as CULTURED people from any far flung corner of the world! So yes, I made peace with that. Great :)

Basically as long as I can get my CULTURE and CULTURED conversations instead of the usual blank stares or mundane conversations then I'm a Happy Bean :) Recently reported and published actually was a study that said CULTURED people and those that engage and indulge in CULTURE are actually happier people...I guess that possibly could explain why lots of people seem miserable...but yeah I agree there are lots of other problems that exist in life...

There was also another study I came upon that said optimistic people although they may experience negativity as much as other people they respond more extremely to positive events...I think being hypersensitive I respond extremely to both positive and negative events...but possibly positive ones a bit more zealously than negative ones. To be honest I don't really know how to do calm equanimity myself...but at least I have a better idea on how to tap into the peace of God when I need to...

Anyway, Grandma is still recovering from the weekend...and still working out how to ride a bike...apparently I need a CARPARK to do figure 8s in! But at least I got my bike tweaked/fixed and now it is a lot more comfortable and feels a lot better...it was locking up cos I was pedalling too hard while changing the front gear which was a bit scary...

I saw a film I quite enjoyed today THE INVENTION OF LYING. Ricky Gervais of The (proper) "The Office". I still need to see MIDNIGHT IN PARIS...maybe tomorrow. I feel like I'm trying to cram so much in...I've also started reading THE HEAVENLY MAN which is very cool :)

I also got two more new cds in half a week...one was a jazz compilation which supports the Japanese tsunami relief fund...which is nice in the cool of night but chaotic and headachey when the weather is hot and humid and the other was Radiohead's IN RAINBOWS which meets all time lows in terms of CD packaging...I mean sending STICKERS for you to post on your own plastic casing??...sheesh! What IS the world coming to? Well I only complain cos it sucks for people who lack skill & precision to stick things like stickers straight the first time...

Hmm apart from that inspired by some cool collages I saw at a German art exhibition I got special glue...I am wondering if I should try my hand at collage. I think I have a major laziness/discipline problem, or maybe it is just because I never get enough rest and am always going off on multiple random interesting tangents simultaneously and so am always too tired/precoccupied with too many things to stick at any one project that requires some time and effort and care...

1 comment:

Jonno said...

Ah, you're like me with riding a bike... Early 20's for me. forget about figure 8's and just go on a path. You'll be surprised how easy it is. Or maybe even try with the training wheels...