Thursday, November 24, 2011

Gold! & Balki Bartokomous...

I feel I struck GOLD recently as I seem to have finally managed to find in my own geography a real life actual INTJ female, or she might be an ENTJ but whatever the case it is very refreshing!!! And a real relief to find a girl that doesn't just want to talk about other people's gossip and relationships all day and has very little else to offer...

Anyway between the one male INTJ and one female INTJ I have now identified in my own geography I'm finding the unique similarities across all of us very amusing. And a great relief. And very amusing. But anyway it's nice to know that I am some semblance of just like everybody else once you change the context...enough ;)

In any case the other thing that has me incredibly amused like hilariously rolling around on the floor kind of funny (in my mind)...is that one of my foreign penpals reminds me very much of BALKI BARTOKOMOUS from that old comedy "Perfect Strangers"? A blend of THAT and SHELDON FROM BIG BANG THEORY who is probably also INTJ. Anyway the English words and expressions I am being taught and HAVE NEVER HEARD OR SEEN EVER from a NON native English speaker is keeping this wordaphile very amused and even giving the old brain exercise it hasn't had in some time warranting huge meals to be eaten after a reply just so that I still feel blood is being supplied to my head... Also to reread the frank no holds barred opinions I have written to him when describing Australia, its culture and its society and social trends...for the sake of politeness I won't repeat them here. But definitely I am a fan of vivid visual imagery and simile when I describe things...so very funny on that level.

There are also very interesting facts about other cultures that blow my mind comparing to the country I am used to...such as that doctors get paid peanuts and intellectuals are the lowest of the low and that if you say you are a doctor for example no female will go out with you...is my leg being pulled? Will have to see, but it might just take some more light centuries to find another exotic creature from the same country to verify...

In any case the weather is really making things ick - one day so hot and humid need to walk around clothes-less and the next I am shivering cold even in my winter blankets and having to wear a dressing gown...not to mention it is all constantly raining and floods of puddles outside so my cumulative bike learning and practice is all thwarted. I guess I could just ride a straight flat cycleway but I don't think that would prepare me appropriately for all the conditions of the area...I need to be comfortably doing figure 8s so that I can dodge obstacles at least!! And I need to work out all the gear things there are so many uneven bits and potholes and hills...

I hope you are having better weather in your part of the world! Cheers :)

No comments: