Sunday, May 1, 2011

Dead Weights

I feel like possibly the first 29 years of my life I was like a lone sailor in a small dinghy that just kept on taking in water until it finally capsized. In 2011 I feel like the dinghy righted itself and I've been scooping out the water with a little bucket. In short I really feel a bit like I'm now in a big balloon basket and I keep flying higher and higher the more and more little dead weights I drop down below into eternal nothingness^^!

So I've never really known what it's like to all be about ME (in practice, cos talk alone is cheap)...so since last week I started indulging my very favourite personal activities...I saw an arthouse film INCENDIES which was excellent, or felt extremely good probably cos I haven't had any access to any non mainstream culture for a good 4 months or so, was surprised at how much joy I derived from such a simple activity. Today I was sitting at my favourite ocean pool licking gelato...watching the HUGE waves pound two local lads and for some reason like a small child so easily amused I couldn't stop giggling even though I knew what was going to happen again and again...and it was quite addictive I was sitting there at least a half hour eyes glued...I just didn't get sick of them get up to standing to be hit by a pounding wave so hard that they either fell or had to dive in to prevent injury...this cycle repeated many many times...maybe I found it so funny because it reminded me of a three stooge or abbott&costello comedy like...they just don't learn!!! (and hence keep suffering physical hurt)...But actually, they were just having their version of FUN!

Oh well I got plenty of laughs, all in all another very enjoyable ME time indulgence :)

p.s I just had to dedicate this song to people my age in the city LOL, it's a great song!!! :)

3 comments:

HappyOrganist said...

ah Pain is funny, innit? ;)

JJ said...

Never mind the art house movies. My fevered brain has spent the whole day consumed with the pain of your cruel rejection of my advances, and I think I might have worked out a cunning plan. Here’s how it goes. Listening?

First off, only once in my entire life did I ever get horizontal with a woman as old as you. It was awful! So, now that I’m well off the radar of those sprightly twenty-somethings, I’ve decided that being celibate is greatly preferable to suffering the indignity and discomfort a second time. That means you need have no concern about being ‘troubled,’ as those nice Victorian ladies so elegantly put it. You’ll be completely safe in my hands, Zhen. Or, more to the point, safely out of them.

Secondly, I solemnly undertake to pay due heed to your concerns every time we visit the supermarket. I will always walk to your right, and will wear a notice on my back sporting a large arrow and proclaiming for the world to see:

THIS WOMAN IS THE DAUGHTER OF MY LATE LAMENTED SISTER. SHE WAS CONCEIVED BY VIRTUE OF A BRIEF BUT SPECTACULAR LIAISON WITH A CHINESE LAUNDRY ASSISTANT FROM HMS ARK ROYAL, SHORTLY AFTER MAKING HIS ACQUAINTANCE IN A DISREPUTABLE PORTSMOUTH TAVERN AND A COUPLE OF YEARS BEFORE THE FALKLANDS ENCOUNTER GAVE HIM THE EXCUSE TO DISAPPEAR. THAT’S WHY SHE LOOKS FOREIGN. I DIDN’T PAY A PENNY FOR HER AND I HAVEN’T TOUCHED HER. HONEST.

Will that do?

Zz... said...

hahahaha JJ, TMI :P

That was a great story except sorry as an INTJ I had to pick the inherent flaw...unless your sister is Chinese well it wouldn't hold cos I don't look Eurasian!!!

it's very funny actually my saggi male friend(who has "been around town alot") and I who are both SOOO different, we both have come to the same conclusion that celibacy and lonerdom is preferable to what lies out there LOL!

I can't wait to get to Europe, I have no interest to visit England but heck how funny would it be to walk around the supermarket with such a sign...maybe your small town would appreciate a little stirring! hahahahaha....cheap thrills! :P