Sunday, July 19, 2009

This Steam Machine is A Dream!

What's wrong with eating dessert for breakfast? Nothing! Since getting a steam machine this week, My Eating and Cooking Life has been completely revolutionised- suddenly, it's all such a pleasurable BREEZE! It's awesome! Last night I made pork, cabbage and shitaake dumplings...in literally half the time I would usually spend...and they were literally cooked to perfection not like when you manually steam where it cooks unevenly or is dry or mushy in parts.

In any case, inspired by my (fellow quirky Malaysian Chinese) muse - the artist Poh on Masterchef...I've decided to get more ambitious...so my next project is to master the exotic Malaysian Kueh as a breakfast food which has plenty of scope for creative inspiration...you can buy nice enough ones in Chinatown except that they have preservatives so I'd prefer to make my own especially when my steam machine makes life so easy- all I do is turn a knob and it *rings* when it's done! Who said I didn't love technology...

p.s my favourite music to cook by right now...the lively rhythms and dulcet voice of Cesaria Evora...

6 comments:

HappyOrganist said...

makes cooking a breeze? you've seen this right?
congratulations, btw.
the kuey looks kinda weird, but I won't begrudge you that. buena suerte..

markymark2099 said...

Hey fellow blob :) Can't wait to taste those dishes!!

Unknown said...

yummy! Shit-ake mushrooms! That is a great line from the penguin short from Madagascar. Check it out. NOW! :)

koala brains said...

Mmmm, that dish sounds so good. I steam all the time. Makes life so much easier.

HappyOrganist said...

Madagascar ! I thought only we people w/ kids saw movies like that.

Unknown said...

I LOVE KUEH!!!!!! Let me know how you go with it! I made kueh seri muka once.