Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Keep your Paws to yourself!

Unless you are South American, Italian, Spanish or French or something along those lines...if you are a complete stranger I totally do not condone you invading my personal space and laying any paws or worse on me...

I don't know if it is a personal, cultural or MBTI thing but I really do not like unfamiliar strangers invading my personal bubble.

This is exactly the reason why I have only ever been to one salsa class...and was so traumatised...never again! (That was several years ago too LOL)

In other matters...I've resolved my void of tantalizing brain candy...I dropped into the video store on my way back from the grocers and I managed to pick up a quirky aussie film "Lucky Miles"(I have a soft spot for local films especially with their typically offbeat Aussie humour ;)...I also managed to pick up two arthouse films...Anton Corbijn's "Control" about the life of Joy Division singer Ian Curtis and Ingmar Bergman's classic "The Seventh Seal"....I'm really looking forward to seeing these in possibly the last week before things start to get hectic and I have no life again.

In other matters, I've been really good with the healthy diet recently...love my steamed organic veggies- Mmmmm! but I'm having a bit of a sweet craving late at night which, rather than eat chocolate I've been fending off with late night toasts - one with crunchy peanut butter and the other with nutella...

And I'm still in my Madonna Immaculate Collection phase...

And I'm going to bake a banana cake from scratch tomorrow *drool*...I was so proud of myself to resist buying the pack of chocolate chips I wanted to dump in it...

And on a random note...I'm loving HAND SANITISER! It's so handy when you get the munchies everywhere at anytime and like to fill your bag with snacks like I do...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh where to begin? I hate HATE when people are in my personal bubble. Like people who lean right in to talk, I always take a step back but they usually never take the hint.

Organic..I have been doing more and more of this but you need to be careful because I have read that the guidelines for being certified organic are becoming fuzzier and fuzzier. I saw a cute shirt the other day that said "Don't panic, I'm Organic" with little cartoon veggies. You know how I like food with faces

I use sanitizer CONSTANTLY but in my line of work I am touching all kinds of people and ick

should have put the chocolate chips in.

HappyOrganist said...

boy, you really sound like no fun, Zhen.. ;-P


most of the time (i think) the personal bubble thing is a cultural thing. Each culture (as you know, I'm sure) has their own amount of space that they like.
When I went to France, I was very uncomfortable with how close our French 'friends' (guys we met on the beach) stood next to us. But I knew ('cause I'd been taught) it was a cultural thing, and nothing more.

I'm sure you also know there are subcultures (microcultures), too.. So even though in Australia people might like to stand 2 feet apart, there will be some subgroups, perhaps, with different rules on that. ;-)

Though.. you probably were aware of that already.
Just wear a sign saying "don't touch me;" people will get the hint. ;-)

no fun.. hahaha

Zz... said...

Shan why must you touch so many people?

ooh that shirt sounds so cute- if you get one maybe I should get one too then when we travel we can be bobsy twins! ha that could be fun...

yeah the chips...exercise in self-restraint...discipline...I figure with practice it can only get easier LOL

H.O you missed my point again! Cos I AM culturally aware I will tolerate...however if you aren't from the relevant culture your touchy feeliness will not be tolerated!! and I was referring especially to the kissers and huggers...that's just a bit personal/insincere/sleazy for a complete stranger IIII THINK :p

HappyOrganist said...

lower your standards!


;-P

and yes, i knew you knew about the culture thing. i didn't really miss that as much as ignore it ;)