Friday, July 17, 2009

Craving...Depth

One of my friends mentioned this the other day...I find myself feeling exactly the same way...perhaps it is a cultural limitation or something...but why is it so hard to find people to chat with here about something...worthwhile...past the genteel superficies?

Or maybe, I need to increase my tolerance for...boredom...Sometimes, I think it would be easier to be more in tune with the generic.

I'll be glad to get back into the mental rigor of school...although I have to say I've quite enjoyed my day curled up on the couch under a blanket watching Ewan McGregor's adventures in The Long Way Round. However after sitting through around 7 of the 12 episodes I think I needed a bit of "activity" for my brain...watching TV etc is just sooooo passive! And especially when you watch other people having such exciting adventures...well that's definitely got to feed some of my innate restlessness and wanderlust...envy!!!

4 comments:

HappyOrganist said...

well what kind of worthwhile things were you talking about?

Unknown said...

I love that show. Steve and I were just watching it the other day. I think they were in Sudan

Anyway, I have pretty much given up on finding anyone other than blogger friends for deep meaningful conversation.

Zz... said...

Shan...who needs people when you can leap and bound with your dog in fields of tree farms? LOL, thank god it was sunny so I could finally get to the beach...it's the only thing that keeps me sane stuck in this city!

p.s the one I saw they went from London to New York on Motorbikes...Sudan is in Africa!!!

H.O, you being a Mormon, I don't think these conversations should be repeated...don't worry they're so not worth the time and space, trust me! LOL

p.s I saw a pic of your temple...wow it reminded me of a contemporary Walt Disney Castle or something- it was truly beautiful!!!

HappyOrganist said...

you saw a picture of my temple? wow. which one? should I take credit for it?

thanks for sparing me your not worthwhile conversations.
this is what you should do - next time you talk about 'craving depth' make it clear which group of friends you're talking about. idiots like yours truly (a bit too sensitive perhaps) have no idea who you're talking about. you could have been complaining about all of us.

Hey, there's a picture of 'our' temple on my webpage. you trying to tell me that's not where you saw a picture? goofball

you should check out the picture on MY page - it has a link to a PRESS release that has pictures of the GORGEOUS chandeliers Inside the temple. those are worth going to see (in person).
Tell you what, you hop a plane and I'll take you on a tour. (you have 'till the end of this month).
ever yours,
(well not really)
- J

[i'm going to start signing all of my heartfelt messages to everyone that way.]

really - did you see the Salt Lake Temple? or which one?
the one on my profile here.. I think that's Seattle, Washington (but I"d have to check).
And nowadays they're starting to duplicate some of the architecture (i.e. there are several identical temples floating around now). kind of funny.