Saturday, April 18, 2009

Playing With Fire...

I was surprised to find out that one of my favourite conversation buddies is a Scorpio...it then occurred to me a strange anomaly: that in my entire life, I have not really known any Scorpio men- I know two but these were friends of friends...

It then dawned on me that many of my male friends especially in recent years have been full blown Fire Signs: Leo, Aries, Saggittarius (not even near the cusps)!...and I think that's where I have been going wrong...

Cos I am WATER!!! Weird...for such an astrology nut, I seem to have never heeded Basic Astrology 101 type wisdom: Fire and Water do not mix.

Maybe the male Fire Excesses have been because opposites attract or that I've always been naturally most drawn to whatever is most different from me. Or maybe youth was a different stage of life where I needed more excitement, dynamism etc...

In any case, in what feels like old age...I'm starting to appreciate my fellow intuitive, receptive, sensitive water signs :) Thank goodness I didn't discover this any later...Fire sign men, especially young soul ones whose world revolves around them and it's all Me Me Me like little babies, can literally drive me insane and want to head for the hills to a nice little hermit cave of permanent solitude. I'm glad that with this realisation I can be somewhat conscious to implement avoidance strategies from the world "go!"(and save myself all the stress and agitation that typically ensues should association protract).

On another note, numerologically speaking I've noticed I get along best with any kind of 11, 9 and 6 life paths, or at least statistically these are where most of my close friends fall into.

Disclaimer: Shan I know you're a Saggi sun but you're a female and such a marginal one being on the cusp with so many bits in Scorp...haha do you notice how much individual attention you get paid in my posts...I guess I am too well able to pre-empt all your protests if I am not very clear and specific from the get go ;)

anyway off for an indulgent Day of Eating!!! :) First with my sis we venture to some pretentious part of town for lunch, then with my cuz and her friends to check out this 5 star restaurant where we know the head Dessert chef! (Killing 2 birds with one stone I also get to do my half yearly meetups with them...amazing how once you get older you only get to catch up with your peeps who even reside in the same city as you maybe twice a year!) Modern Life...So Sad....

2 comments:

miruspeg said...

I am a Sagittarian Macs born 1st December....I read this somewhere about Sagittarians:
"At the end of the day, what Sagittarians want most is to know the meaning of life, and if they accomplish this while feeling free and easy, all the better".
Thats me mate.
BTW I left further comments on my latest post for you to read.

Enjoy your indulgent day of eating and your weekend....I'm off the Canberra.

Hugs
Peggy

Unknown said...

Thanks for the note :) Fire and water can temper each other too, as long as you dont have one in more excess than the other.

I'm more of a glowing fireplace than a raging inferno anyways!