Sunday, April 26, 2009

I like Weirdo...Unique People! :-)

Today while I was commuting I was absolutely fascinated by a very interesting 'character' who looked like he had dropped straight out of one of my favourite movies, Oliver Twist!!! I know it is rude to stare but it is rare that you see such unusual characters... it made me feel very happy that there are still "original" people around who dare to be very, very different or rather just their unusual selves...personally I couldn't take having eyes from all angles boring into my person.

Not only was this character carrying vintage bags that looked circa at least 100 years ago, but he also had an Artful Dodger style coat and cap...but the most interesting part was that he was actually carrying some knitting complete with knitting needles...I was partially in awe as I saw he had started knitting a maroon version of the complicated blue vest he was already wearing.

There are few people that can pique my curiosity and amuse me without me digging into their brains. I wish I could come across interesting characters every day, it just makes life so much more interesting...the world is just too generic these days...

Although this real life Artful Dodger was pretty cool, if I could meet any character from a book, it'd definitely have to be Holden J. Caulfield the antihero in Catcher in the Rye...the first book that really made an impression on me...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love fun and interesting people too...and boy, do I ever see my fair share at work!

It is a good thing that not everyone is the same. I like to think of myself as one of those people...maybe I dont stand out in such an Oliver Twist way, more like Dracula :)

HappyOrganist said...

fascinating..
I think it's fun to stare (but not everyone seems to appreciate it).
In some cultures (the deaf culture, for example) staring is particularly rude. That would explain the put-off reactions I got in that particular situation. It's like evesdropping, in that case, only more obvious. Except it wasn't, in my case, as I couldn't understand a word they were saying.

MyAlterEgo said...

was just reading "Handy Tip for a cold" - and I hate to say it, but that doesn't sound like chinese medicine at all. What kind of an acupuncturist are you? ! heheh

[My old acupuncturist (bless her heart) said she "never" got sick. Not sure I believe that.. ] You can strive for that. Be in such balance that you become impervious to outside influences (germs, etc). ;-)

She was a real treat, I tell ya'.

Zz... said...

No offence Joylin, but it totally has everything to do with acupuncture - just a modern variation...which is why you're a "layperson"! I could explain it but I'm too lazy and it's too boring for me...you might be able to work out why it's so effective from your own investigation though...hehe ;)

koala brains said...

I wish you could meet my friend Juju. He is the strangest person (in a good way) I've ever met and I am positive he is one of a kind. You actually remind me of him in many ways! He is uncensored, genuine, dances (to club music) in 6' stilts and gets paid to do it and is a high level mgr at a major corporation by day, is a talented artist (one of his collections consists of sculptures made of wire and masking tape), very spiritual and oozes of positive energy,...I could go on about this unique individual. I love meeting unique people, too, but there are different kind of weirdos. To me the good ones are the artistic and/or eccentric kinds. I stay away from the psychotic weirdos!