Friday, April 10, 2009

Energy Protection and the Lessons of Life

Lately I've been sending out a lot of apology texts "sorry Grandma is too exhausted...". It's probably cos of all the "treatments" I've been doing- and perhaps due to the whole "empathic" thing I've been kind of energy sapped.

Hence people around me have been offering me all kinds of suggestions for how to protect myself...and some of my own experiments. I have a list summary here for my own reference.



1. Essential oils: like Sandalwood, Vetiver, Lavender with petitgrain

2. Walnut Bushflower Essence

3. Space clearing spray

4. Schorl(Black Tourmaline) and Turquoise

5. Dr Hauschka Lavender Moor oil(with peat moss)

6. Say a little prayer before and after treatment.

7. Gonging Tibetan singing bowl

8. Epsom and sea salt baths- if you have time!

9. Washing hands and face before and after treatment.

10. Strengthen self by eating nourishing food and getting plenty of sleep.

11. Wearing BLACK and/or avoiding white.



In any case, yesterday I felt the energy sapping was mainly practical- just from exerting too much physical energy not so much taking on other people's issues...so I think I'm making progress :)

In any case I had an interesting week this week...and I've realised that for me this Healing thing doesn't so much feel like conscious volition, as opposed to obligation I was born with(!) but the awareness and ability to embrace the responsibility is really intensifying with maturity. I realised logically I could just "avoid" tending wounded birds...but they just don't stop coming (especially in my personal life!) So I realised I just have to "adjust" how I am...so now rather than give them how much I feel they need, I just give them as much as I am prepared to give with no expectations of anything in return. And I think that's the *magic balance* I needed strongly in my mindset cos I'm happy and comfortable with that :-)

1 comment:

Hecate RavenMoon said...

Blessed be. I know I have been away for a very long time, but I think now I will be able to change all that. I created a time management table that so far is working out really well for me and helping me get back to blogging.

As for your topic here, great post, thank you for sharing.

One thing you could also try is caraway, dogwood, fennel, and rosemary (magickal communications herbs); aloe, chamomile, flax, ginseng, juniper, and olive (magickal health herbs); and, burdock, citronella, eucalyptus, holly, ivy, and patchouli (magickal protection herbs), to help aid you as well.

Hope you are having a great weekend. Happy Easter.