Thursday, July 21, 2011

I just keep surprising...myself! LOL

No...not like I hide behind a wall scream *peekaboo*, film it, and then watch it and collapse in giggles, LOL!!!

But just in terms of how I keep evolving...and finding out new things about myself that I just would never have guessed maybe even just a few months ago...

Today I saw a really great film WALK ON WATER...combining the best of two worlds...my strange affinity for German everything & interest in German history, as well as the beautiful holy country of Israel...

I thought the film was a kind of BRIDGE in a way...which perhaps resonates with how I am...

In any case one revelation I had recently is that I feel a special draw to Israel lately which I found surprising...for many years now my Korean friend has been expressing to me her "Heart for Israel & the Middle East"...I never understood! I'm not sure if I have this same "Heart" but I'm definitely feeling a draw and interest for Israel that I have never had before...interested enough to want to visit(if I did fly that is).

Other things that I have found surprisingly in recent times...

I CAN'T STAND. cold. wet and windy. I used to be a hate the heat girl...in my old age, it seems I've done a 180....balmy please come soon enough!!!

I actually ENJOY domesticity...I like pottering around the house...cooking, trying to keep the place nice etc...I actually suddenly got interested in aesthetics...I enjoy expensive things...

Suddenly I see that I could easily BE that Lady of Leisure which I never had any respect for and thought was the lowest kind of low in terms of a future I could see for myself...

It's bizarre it's like a completely new me...who I don't know and am starting to discover...not sure if I like her-I guess I don't have a choice- definitely she's surprising me!!!

BUT. Don't get too excited I'm not giving up my well worn comfy hippie dero self anytime soon!!! That would just be too drastic- Grandma wouldn't be able to deal with such a jarring shock to the system. I guess I'll be the ultimate polarity...harmony in contradiction :)


3 comments:

JJ said...

Join the club. (Except for the Israel bit!!!)

Franko Gnedo said...

I'm glad to hear that your enjoying domesticity. Actually it sounds like you are enjoying life generally. You would look cute as a 50s housewife :)

I would love to go to Israel and feel the religious history of the land.

Zz... said...

I am cute. Period, lol...my newest nickname is SMURFETTE, lol. That kind of cute, anyway, lol...sorry to disappoint, hahah

I'm not doing too bad considering I am stuck in this country which frustrates me no end that I am surrounded by shallow louts...

JJ, I think you would look good slopped in dead sea mud...could use some colour! LOL