Wednesday, July 6, 2011

My Green Thumb

I finally have one...well, how hard is it to grow RADISHES?

lol...I can't wait for the weather to warm up and to establish my very own VEGGIE patch :D

Today I took advantage of the great weather and spent the whole day in the sun and fresh clean air...I consolidated my edible plants...so far this includes...herbs dill, basil, coriander...carrots, radishes, spring onions, garlic chives, lettuce and a hopeful, pumpkin, celery and spinach?

Oh and I have to wait 2 years for my lemon tree to fruit.

Other ideas in the pipeline are passionfruit, beans, peas and tomatoes and maybe even strawberries...but let's not get too carried away just yet.

Okay now I'm going all out homebody (cos it's FUN) and spend all my spare time in home improvements. Today I climbed a ladder for a handy purpose for the first time ever and I felt a very satisfying sense of ACCOMPLISHMENT. I think one thing with this tradie handyman dense area is that the vibe is CONTAGIOUS!!! I'm such a WannaBe....I know.

A very contented one....ahhh who said it?

My Home is a Sanctuary ^^!

p.s I just got one layer more fussy high maintenance and unaffordable...LOL...apart from only eating organics and using natural chemical free products, this has now extended to I am phasing out synthetic fibres...WOW how crazy is it that NATURAL FIBRES cost a BOMB! I got all 100% wool things the other day- even 50% off the dent was rather hefty. Now my latest challenge is non synthetic shoes...just about all soles are rubber...so once you want leather soles...that's talking HIGH END fashion...yikes. I think my ex husband may have known deep down I would end up this way...I've always even inadvertently&ignorantly, always had VERY EXPENSIVE taste, innately. I will no longer deny I am a HIGH MAINTENANCE GIRL! LOL

Lucky I don't buy or wear makeup though....my friend owns a car worth of that crap in her bedroom-NO JOKE.

p.p.s it did also occur to me lately I better not so flagrantly talk to VEGANS, or I might be asking for it!!!

9 comments:

HappyOrganist said...

Wool is very expensive. At least the natural yarn is. I used some for a friend a while ago. Very pricey.

markymark2099 said...

High Maintenance chick!! :P

JJ said...

Shrubs, trees and flowers grow for me, but not vegetables. I can't even get the radishes to have bulbs on them.

Zz... said...

HO, I met a cow farmer and i did suggest he go into merino...LOL

I am actually surprised it is still not THAT warm, I still need a minimal 3-4 layers! Apparently goosedown is good but I don't want to look like a blowup doll or have to throw massage balls in the machine and plus they always have synthetic trims...

M, that was your cue to send any ferrari owning zillionaires that you may encounter my way ;)

JJ, it is not possible to not be able to grow a radish...plant 10 seeds and LEAVE THEM and watch and wait....maybe you need to buy good soil...my problem with growing food I realise is my lack of patience...

JJ said...

The radishes grow big and strong, they just don't form bulbs. So I took advice from the internet. Bonemeal. OK, the soil already gets organic compost and horse manure, so I added bonemeal. Still no bulbs. I fail miserably with all vegetables except onions. Onions seem to like me.

Zz... said...

are you talking those pink red little bulb type radishes? I think your seeds must be screwy. But then again I use organic soil bought from a packet...it's seriously good- that mixed with chicken manure.

JJ said...

I think you might be right about the poor seed. I've thinking that for a while. If I'm still here next year, I'll get them from somewhere else.

I think it would take a lot of organic soil from packets to fill a whole garden.

Franko Gnedo said...

The first time you have climbed a ladder for a handy purpose!! Thats almost as odd as not being able to ride a bike!

Zz... said...

Yeah FG sad I know....I'm a female casualty of city living...never actually needed a ladder/always had a man to help...